Science and History
Cruelty and Violence
Contradictions in Luke
- Has there ever been a righteous person? 1:5-6
- Does righteousness come from
following the Law? 1:6
- When was the Holy Ghost given? 1:15,
1:41, 67, 2:26
- Who is the most blessed woman? 1:28
- Was Mary blessed? 1:26-28, 11:27-28
- Can God do anything?
- When was Jesus born? 2:1
- Where did Joseph and Mary live before the birth of Jesus?
- Was Jesus born in a house or a manger? 2:1
- Has there ever been a just person? 1:17,
2:25, 14:14, 15:7,
- Was Joseph the father of Jesus?
- Should we fear God? 1:50, 12:5
- Did Jesus come to bring peace? 2:14
- Is circumcision required? 2:21
- Is only God holy? 2:23
- Did Jesus, Mary, and Joseph go to Egypt or Nazareth?
- How should parents be treated? 2:43-49"
- What must you do to be saved? 3:9, 3:10-11,
6:24, 6:37, 9:24, 10:26,
14:11, 17:33, 18:18-22
- Did Jesus baptize anyone? 3:16
- How did God address Jesus at his baptism?
- Who was Jesus' grandfather on his father's side? 3:23
- Genealogy of Jesus (Mt.1 vs Lk.3) 3:21-31
- How many generations were there from David to Jesus?
- Who was Zerubbabel's father? 3:27
- From which of David's sons was Jesus descended?
- How many generations must a bastard wait until his offspring can enter the congregation of the Lord?
- Who was the father of Salah? 3:35-36
- Was Enoch the sixth or the seventh from Adam? 3:37-38
- How many sons does God have? 3:38
- Is Jesus God? 4:1-2, 6:5
- Can God be tempted? 4:1-2
- Who owns the earth? 4:5-6
- Who is the Lord of this world? 4:5-7
- Can God be tempted? 4:12
- Is it OK to test (or tempt) God? 4:12
- Was David alone when asking for the holy bread at Nob? 6:3-4
- Who were the apostles? 6:13-16
- Did Jesus preach his first sermon on a mountain or a plain? 6:17-20
- Is wealth a sign of righteousness or of wickedness? 6:24-26
- Is it good to be happy? 6:24-26
- How should nonbelievers be treated?
6:27, 6:31, 10:27
- How should we treat our enemies? 6:35,
- To judge or not to judge. 6:37
- Did the Centurion ask Jesus directly to help his
- Did Jesus know everything? 7:9
- Was Jesus the first to rise from the dead?
7:12-15, 8:49-55, 9:30
- Who was the greatest? 7:28
- Were the Pharisees baptized by John? 7:29-30
- Is it OK to use perfume? 7:37-38
- Did Jesus have any secret teachings? 8:9-10
- How many men were possessed with devils? 8:27-37
- Where did the devils ask not to go? 8:30-31
- Was Jarius' daughter alive when Jesus was approached?
- Did Jesus tell his apostles to go barefoot and without a staff?
- Did Herod think Jesus was John the Baptist? 9:9
- When did the transfiguration occur?
- Who can cast out devils in the name of Jesus? 9:49
- Is casting out devils a sign of a true Christian? 9:49
- Who is for or against Jesus? 9:50,
- Did the Samaritans receive Jesus? 9:52-53
- Who is the Lord of this world? 10:21
- How are people judged by God? 10:25-26
- Is Salvation by faith alone? 10:25-26
- What kind of animals may we eat? 10:8
- Can God be found? 11:9-10, 13:24
- Did Jesus perform many signs and wonders? 11:29
- Who was the greatest: Jesus or Solomon? 11:31
- Is it OK to call someone a fool? 11:40,
- Is there an unforgivable sin? 12:10
- Did Jesus come to bring peace? 12:51,
- Is it necessary to keep the Sabbath? 13:24,
- Is there to be a resurrection from the dead?
- Should we love or hate our brother? 14:26
- Who are wiser, the children of this world or the children of light?
- Must we obey Old Testament Laws? 16:16-17
- Is divorce ever permissible? 16:18
- Is it OK for a divorced woman to remarry? 16:18
- Is it a a good thing to be childish? 18:17
- What was Jesus' sixth commandment? 18:20
- To kill or not to kill 18:20
- Is it OK to steal? 18:20
- Did Jesus forewarn the apostles of his death and resurrection?
- How many blind men were healed near Jericho? 18:35
- When was the blind man (or men) healed? 18:35
- On what did Jesus ride into Jerusalem? 19:30-35
- When did Jesus' temple tantrum occur? 19:36-45
- Should we look for signs in the heavens? 21:11
- Will the earth last forever? 21:33
- When did Satan enter Judas? 22:3, 7
- Did Jesus ask God to save him from crucifixion? 22:41-42
- Did Jesus say "before the cock crow" or "before the cock crow
- Did the cock crow before or after Peter's denial? 22:34
- Did Judas identify Jesus with a kiss?
- Was Jesus taken to Caiaphas or Annas first?
- To whom did Peter deny knowing Jesus? 22:54-62
- How did Jesus respond when questioned by the high priest?
- Who put the robe on Jesus? 23:11
- Who carried Jesus' cross? 23:26
- Can thieves go to heaven? 23:32-43
- What did the soldiers give Jesus to drink? 23:36
- What did the sign over Jesus' head say? 23:38
- Did both thieves revile Jesus?
- Did Jesus go to heaven after he died but before his ascension? 23:42-43
- When did the Temple veil rip? 23:45-46
- What were the last words of Jesus? 23:46
- What did the Centurion call Jesus when he died?
- Where did the women watching the crucifixion stand?
- Who buried Jesus? 23:50-53
- When did Jesus ascend into heaven? 24:1-51
- Was the tomb opened or closed when the women arrived? 24:2
- Were the men or angels inside or outside the tomb when the women arrived?
- Who did the women see at the tomb? 24:3-4
- Were the men or angels sitting or standing? 24:3-4
- Did the women immediately tell the disciples? 24:9
- How many women came? 24:10
- To whom did Jesus make his first post-resurrection appearance?
- Did the Mary Magdalene recognize Jesus when he first appeared to her?
- Where did Jesus first appear after the resurrection? 24:33-37
- How many disciples did Jesus appear to in his first post resurrection appearance?
- Did the eleven disciples believe the two men?
- Were the disciples frightened or gladdened when they saw Jesus?
- Was it OK to touch the risen Jesus before his ascension? 24:39
- Does God have a body? 24:39
- Where did Jesus tell his disciples to go after his resurrection?