- Leviticus 25:17
- Thou shalt fear thy God: for I am the LORD your God.
- Deuteronomy 4:10
- That they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon
the earth, and that they may teach their children
- Deuteronomy 6:2, 13, 24
- That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his
statutes and his commandments. (v.2)
Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God. (v.13)
And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the
LORD our God. (v.24)
- Deuteronomy 10:12, 20)
- And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to
fear the LORD thy God. (v.12)
Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God (v.20)
- Deuteronomy 14:23
- ...that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.
- Deuteronomy 28:58
- ...that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD.
- Deuteronomy 31:12, 13
- Gather the people together, men and women, and children, and thy
stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they
may learn, and fear the LORD your God. (v.12)
And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear,
and learn to fear the LORD your God. (v.13)
- Joshua 4:24
- That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD,
that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever.
- Joshua 24:14
- Fear the Lord ... and put away the gods which your fathers served.
- 1 Samuel 12:14, 24
- If ye will fear the LORD, and serve him, and obey his voice, and not
rebel against the commandment of the LORD, then shall both ye and also
the king that reigneth over you continue following the LORD your God. (v.14)
- Fear the Lord. (v.24)
- 2 Kings 17:39
- But the LORD your God ye shall fear; and he shall deliver you
out of the hand of all your enemies.
- 1 Chronicles 16:25
- The Lord ... is to be feared above all gods.
- Nehemiah 5:9
- Also I said, It is not good that ye do: ought ye not to walk in the fear
of our God because of the reproach of the heathen our enemies?
- Job 28:28
- The fear of the LORD, that is wisdom.
- Psalm 19:9
- The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever.
- Psalm 25:14
- The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him.
- Psalm 33:8, 18
- Let all the earth fear the LORD. (v.8)
- The eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him. (v.18)
- Psalm 34:9
- O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
- Psalm 96:4
- For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to
be feared above all gods.
- Psalm 103:11, 13, 17
- Great is his mercy toward them that fear him. (v.11)
The LORD pitieth them that fear him. (v.13)
But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them
that fear him. (v.17)
- Psalm 111:10
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
- Psalm 112:1
- Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD.
- Psalm 115:13
- He will bless them that fear the LORD.
- Psalm 128:1
- Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD.
- Psalm 147:11
- The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him.
- Proverbs 1:7
- The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge.
- Proverbs 3:7
- Fear the Lord.
- Proverbs 9:10
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
- Proverbs 10:27
- The fear of the LORD prolongeth days.
- Proverbs 14:2
- He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD.
- The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom.
- Proverbs 22:4
- By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.
- Proverbs 23:17
- Be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.
- Proverbs 24:21
- My son, fear thou the LORD.
- Ecclesiates 3:14
- God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
- Ecclesiates 5:7
- For in the multitude of dreams and many words there are also divers vanities: but fear
- Ecclesiastes 12:13
- Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole
duty of man.
- Isaiah 8:13
- Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him
be your dread.
- Hosea 3:5
- Fear the Lord and his goodness in the latter days.
- Malachi 2:4-5
- ...that my
covenant might be with Levi, saith the LORD of hosts. My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the
fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.
- Jeremaih 5:22
- Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence?
- Matthew 10:28, Luke 12:5
- Fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
- Luke 1:50
- And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to
- Romans 3:10-18
- As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: ... There is no fear of God before their eyes.
- 2 Corinthians 7:1
- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse
ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting
holiness in the fear of God.
- Ephesians 5:21
- Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
- Colossians 3:22
- Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as
menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God.
- Hebrews 10:31
- It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
- 1 Peter 2:17
- Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God.
- Revelation 14:7
- Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him;
for the hour of his judgment is come.
- Revelation 15:4
- Who shall not fear thee, O Lord?
- Tobit 9:12
- They celebrated also with the fear of the Lord.
- Judith 16:19
- But they that fear thee, shall be great with thee in all things.
- 2 Timothy 1:7
- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power,
and of love, and of a sound mind.
- 1 John 4:8, 18
- God is Love. (v.8)
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out
fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made
perfect in love. (v.18)