Deuteronomy Trivia Question:
Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his
statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.
And know ye this day: for I speak not with your children which have not
known, and which have not seen the chastisement of the LORD your God, his
greatness, his mighty hand, and his stretched out arm,
Moses continues his instructions to the Israelites, saying,
Love God and obey his commandments. 
And his miracles, and his acts, which he did in the midst of Egypt unto
Pharaoh the king of Egypt, and unto all his land;
Remember what God did to Pharaoh in Egypt, 
And what he did unto the army of Egypt, unto their horses, and to their
chariots; how he made the water of the Red sea to overflow them as they
pursued after you, and how the LORD hath destroyed them unto this day;
How he drowned the Egyptian army, 
And what he did unto you in the wilderness, until ye came into this place;
What he did to you in the wilderness, 
And what he did unto Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, the son of
Reuben: how the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their
households, and their tents, and all the substance that was in their possession, in the midst of all Israel:
And how he buried alive Dathan, Abiram, and their families. 
But your eyes have seen all the great acts of the LORD which he did.
You've seen all of God's great acts.
Therefore shall ye keep all the commandments which I command you this day,
that ye may be strong, and go in and possess the land, whither ye go to
And that ye may prolong your days in the land, which the LORD sware unto
your fathers to give unto them and to their seed, a land that floweth with
milk and honey.
For the land, whither thou goest in to possess it, is not as the land of
Egypt, from whence ye came out, where thou sowedst thy seed, and wateredst
it with thy foot, as a garden of herbs:
But the land, whither ye go to possess it, is a land of hills and valleys,
and drinketh water of the rain of heaven:
A land which the LORD thy God careth for: the eyes of the LORD thy God are
always upon it, from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the
And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my
commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to
serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,
That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first
rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine,
and thine oil.
And I will send grass in thy fields for thy cattle, that thou mayest eat
and be full.
So keep the commandments that I command today.
If you do, you'll be strong and possess the land that God has
given you, a land that flows with milk and honey.
I'll send rain when you need it, you'll have plenty of
corn, wine, and oil, and your cattle will have plenty to eat,
Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn
aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;
And then the LORD's wrath be kindled against you, and he shut up the
heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit; and
lest ye perish quickly from off the good land which the LORD giveth you.
If you serve other gods  and worship them, God will shut
up heaven so it doensn't rain, the land will not bear fruit, and you'll die.
Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul,
and bind them for a sign upon your hand,
that they may be as frontlets
between your eyes.
Wear the commandments on your hand and between your eyes.
And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest
in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and
when thou risest up.
Teach them to your children.
Talk about them in your house, and when you're walking around, lying down or getting up.
And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy
That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the
land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of
heaven upon the earth.
For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command
you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to
cleave unto him;
Write them on your door posts and gates.
23 Then will the LORD drive out all these nations
from before you, and ye
shall possess greater nations and mightier than yourselves.
If you do these things, God will drive out the current occupants of the lands you enter to and give
their land to you.
Every place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours:
from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even
unto the uttermost sea shall your coast be.
Every place your foot touches will be yours, from Lebanon to the Euphrates River.
There shall no man be able to stand before you: for the LORD your God
shall lay the fear of you and the dread of you upon all the land that ye
shall tread upon, as he hath said unto you.
No one will be able to defeat you and God will make everyone fear you.
Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I
command you this day:
And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God,
but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after
other gods, which ye have not known.
I set before you a blessing and a curse.
A blessing if you follow the commandments, and a curse if you don't. 
And it shall come to pass, when the LORD thy God hath brought thee in unto
the land whither thou goest to possess it, that thou shalt put the blessing
upon mount Gerizim, and the curse upon mount Ebal.
Put the blessing on mount Gerizim, and the curse upon mount Ebal.
Are they not on the other side Jordan, by the way where the sun goeth
down, in the land of the Canaanites, which dwell in the champaign over
against Gilgal, beside the plains of Moreh?
For ye shall pass over Jordan to go in to possess the land which the LORD
your God giveth you, and ye shall possess it, and dwell therein.
And ye shall observe to do all the statutes and judgments which I set
before you this day.
- Keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.
Are the laws of the Old Testament still binding?
- Which he did in the midst of Egypt unto Pharaoh the king of Egypt, and unto all his land
DWB: 9. There will be blood: The First Plague of Egypt
The seventh plague of Egypt: Hail shall come down upon them and they
The Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt
- And what he did unto the army of Egypt (v.4)
DWB: 12. God drowned the Egyptian army: The Lord took off their chariot wheels
- And what he did unto you in the wilderness. (v.5)
DWB: 14. Who is on the Lord's side: Forcing friends and family to kill each other
15. The Lord plagued the people because of the calf that Aaron made
18. When the people complained, God burned them to death
19. While the flesh was still between their teeth, the Lord smote them with a
very great plague
23. God burned 250 people to death for burning incense
24. God killed 14,700 for complaining about God's killings
26. God sent fiery serpents to bite the people for complaining about the
lack of food and water
27. Phinehas's double murder: A killing to end God's killing
29. God slowly killed the Israelite army
- What he did unto Dathan and Abiram (v.6)
DWB: 22. Korah and his companions are buried alive (along with their families)
- Other gods (vv.16, 28)
How many gods are there?
- A curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD (v.28)
Are the laws of the Old Testament still binding?
- Love God.
- 11:1, 11:13, 11:22
- Obey all the commandments.
- Keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway. 11:1
- Hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day. 11:13
- Ye shall observe to do all the statutes and judgments which I set before you this day.
- Serve God.
- Serve him. 11:13
- Keep the commandments in your heart.
- Lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul. 11:18
- Wear the commandments on your hand.
- Bind them for a sign upon your hand. 11:18
- Wear the commandments between your eyes.
- As frontlets between your eyes. 11:18
- Teach the commandments to your children.
- Ye shall teach them your children. 11:19
- Talk about the commandments.
- Speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way,
when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. 11:119
- Write the commandments on your door posts and gates.
- Thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates. 11:20
- Cleave to God.
- Cleave to him. 11:22
- Walk in God's ways.
- Walk in all his ways. 11:22
- Slate Blogs the Bible by David Plotz
- Why Does Moses Keep Threatening the Israelites?