Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
Dwindling in Unbelief
- Jesus says that divorce is permissible when the wife is guilty of fornication.
But what if the husband is unfaithful? Jesus doesn't seem to care about that.
- When Jesus' mother wants to see him, Jesus asks, "Who is my mother?" 12:47-49
- Abandon your wife and children for Jesus and he'll give you a big reward. 19:29
- "Woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days." Why? Does God especially hate
pregnant and nursing women? 24:19
- The kingdom of heaven like ten virgins who went to meet their bridegroom. Five had oil for their lamps and five didn't.
When the bridegroom was ready for them, only the five well-oiled virgins got to have sex with him on their wedding night.
The bridegroom shunned the other five, saying "Get lost. I don't even know you." The moral to the story is this: watch out,
you never know when (or with whom) Jesus will come.25:1-13