Cruelty and Violence
- If you do what other people want, youíre not a good Christian. 1:10
- Paul's gospel was not derived from the other gospels. It was revealed directly to him by God.
(And it shows too. Paul knew nothing about the life and sayings of Jesus in the Gospels.) 1:11-12
- Jesus was cursed by God. 3:13
- "Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am." Forget Jesus. Be like Paul. 4:12
- "If ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing."
(You canít be saved if youíre circumcised?) 5:2
- "I would they were even cut off which trouble you." Gosh, that doesn't sound very nice. But I wonder what Paul
meant by "cut off". The New Revised Standard Version translates this verse as: "I wish those who unsettle you would
castrate themselves!" 5:12
- "See how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand."
Paul was proud of his large handwriting. 6:11
- "Many ... desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh." Seems like a strange thing to glory in. But OK.