- About the Contradictions
- As listed in the SAB Book
- By Topic
- A short List
- In the Quran
- In the Book of Mormon
426. Were the men or angels inside the tomb sitting or standing?
And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long
white garment; and they were affrighted. Mark 16:5
But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she
wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre, And seeth two
angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the
feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. John 20:11-12
And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold,
two men stood by them in shining garments. Luke 24:3-4
- Contradictions about ...
- Jesus's resurrection
- Christian Responses
- Contradicting Bible Contradictions
- Christ Created
- See also:
- When did the women (or woman) arrive at the sepulchre?
- Whom did the women see at the tomb?
- Were the men or angels inside or outside the tomb when the women arrived?