- Everyone on earth will wail because of Jesus. 1:7
- False Jews are members of "the synagogue of Satan." 2:9
- "I [Jesus] will kill her children with death." 2:23
- Those in Thyatira that obey God/Jesus until the end will rule everyone else with an iron rod. They'll even get to smash
the others into pieces. He'll even throw in the morning star (the planet Venus?). 2:26-28
- God will make "the synagogue of Satan" [the Jews] "come and worship before thy feet." (Whose
feet? Well, the feet of Christians, of course!) 3:9
- God gives someone on a white horse a bow and sends him out to conquer people.
- God gave power to someone on a red horse "to take from the earth ... that they should kill one another."
- God tells Death and Hell to kill one quarter of the earth's
population with the sword, starvation, and "with the beasts of the earth." 6:8
- The martyrs just can't wait until everyone else is slaughtered. God gives them a white robe
and tells them to wait until he's done with his killing spree. 6:10-11
- God tells his murderous angels to "hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants
of your God on their foreheads." This verse is one that Christians like to use to show God's loving concern for the
environment. But the previous verse (7:2) makes it clear that it was their God-given job to "hurt the earth and the sea"
just as soon as they finished their forehead marking job. 7:3
- God sends his angels to destroy a third part of all the trees, grass, sea
creature, mountains, sun, moon, starts, and water. 8:7-13
- "Many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter." 8:11
- The angels are instructed not to "hurt the grass [how could they? He already had all the grass killed in 8:7] ...
but only those men which have not the seal of God on their foreheads." God tells his angels not to kill them, but rather
torment them with scorpions for five months. Those tormented will want to die, but God won't let them.
- God makes some horse-like locusts with human heads, women's hair, lion's teeth, and scorpion's tails. They
sting people and hurt them for five months. 9:7-10
- Four angels, with an army of 200 million, killed a third of the earth's population.
- Anyone that messes with God's two olive trees and
two candlesticks (God's witnesses) will be burned to death by fire that comes out of their mouths.
- God's witnesses have special powers. They can shut up heaven so that it cannot rain, turn rivers
into blood, and smite the earth with plagues "as often as they will." 11:6
- When the witnesses ascend into heaven, an earthquake kills 7000 men. This was the second woe. "The
third woe cometh quickly." 11:13-14
- The devil, after he is expelled from heaven, is sent down to earth to wreak havoc on its inhabitants.
- Only 144,000 celibate men will be saved. (Those who were not "defiled with women.")
- Those who receive the mark of the beast will "drink of the wine of the wrath of God ... and shall be
tormented with fire and brimstone ... and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever."
- Seven angels with seven plagues are filled with the wrath of God. 15:1, 7
- The seven vials of wrath: 1) sores, 2) sea turned to blood, 3) rivers turned to blood, 4) people scorched with
fire, 5) people gnaw their tongues in pain, 6) Euphrates dries up, 7) thunder, lightning, earthquake, and hail.
- "There fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast." 16:2
- "The second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea."
- "The third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters;
and they became blood." 16:4
- The angel says God is righteous for turning rivers into blood. Well, it's an interesting point of view.
But I'd say he's a raving lunatic. 16:5
- Another angel tells God how righteous he is because he gives saints blood to drink. 16:7
- "Power was given unto him [the fourth angel] to scorch men with fire." 16:8
- "The fifth angel poured out his vial ... and they gnawed their tongues for pain." 16:10
- Even after being burned alive, those nasty people wouldn't repent! 16:11
- The sixth angel dries up the Euphrates river. 16:12
- God destroyed every island and mountain (just for the hell of it). 16:20
- Christians will fight in the war between Jesus and those allied with the beast.
- Jesus makes war. 19:11
- With eyes aflame, many crowns on his head, clothes dripping with blood, a sword sticking out of his mouth, and a secret name,
Jesus leads the faithful in heaven into holy war on earth. 19:14-15
- "Come ... unto the supper of the great God." An angel calls all the fowls to feast
upon the flesh of dead horses and human bodies, "both free and bond, both small and great."
- The beast and the false prophet are cast alive into a lake of fire. The rest were killed with the sword of
Jesus. "And all the fowls were filled with their flesh." 19:20-21
- When the thousand years are over, God will send Satan to deceive us all. 20:7-8
- God will send fire from heaven to devour people. And the devil will be tormented "day and night for ever
and ever." 20:9-10
- Whoever isn't found listed in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. 20:15
- All liars, as well as those who are fearful or unbelieving, will be cast into "the lake which burneth with fire and
- "Dogs [homosexuals?], sorcerers, whoremongers, idolaters" and along with anyone who ever told a lie will not enter
the heavenly city. 22:15