Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
Dwindling in Unbelief
Drunk With Blood:
God's killings in the Bible
By Steve Wells
SAB: 1 Kings
Get the SAB
1 Kings: Contradictions
- Are we punished for the sins of others?
- Who was the greatest: Jesus or Solomon? 3:12
- Did David sin? 3:14,
- How many stalls did Solomon have? 4:26
- Who was Heman's father? 4:31
- What was Solomon's gift to Hiram? 5:11
- How many overseers did Solomon have? 5:16
- When did Solomon's reign begin? 6:1
- Which tribe was Hyram from? 7:13-14
- How high were the pillars? 7:15
- What was the volume of the molten sea in Solomon's temple? 7:26
- What was in the Ark of the Covenant? 8:9
- Where did Moses receive the ten commandments?
- Does God dwell in darkness or in light? 8:12
- Does God dwell in temples? 8:13
- Is anyone without sin? 8:46
- How many officers did Solomon have? 9:23
- How many talents of gold did Hiram send Solomon? 9:27-28
- Will God destroy those that intermarry? 11:1-2
- Does God approve of human sacrifice?
- Who was Abijam's mother? 15:1-2
- How were Abijam and Asa related?
- Did David sin? 15:5
- How should homosexuals be treated?
- Did Asa remove the high places? 15:14
- When did Baasha die? 16:6-8
- Was Jesus the first to rise from the dead?
- Is there to be a resurrection from the dead?
- Is it OK to test God? 18:36-38
- How many gods are there? 18:39
- Was Jehu the son or grandson of Nimshi? 19:16
- Did Elisha receive Elijah's mantle before
or after Elijah is taken up into heaven? 19:19
- Are we punished for the sins of
- Can God be seen?
- Is it wrong to lie?
- Does God lie?
- Did Jehoshaphat remove the high places? 22:42-43