- People are damned or saved depending only on what they believe.
- The "wrath of God" is on all unbelievers. 3:36
- John, with his usual anti-Semitism, says that the Jews persecuted Jesus and "sought to slay him."
- John says that Jesus "would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him."
- No one could speak openly about Jesus "for fear of the Jews." 7:13
- If you don't believe in Jesus, you will "die in your sins" (and then go to hell).
- Jesus calls his opponents (the Jews) the sons of the devil. 8:44
- "Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him." 10:31
- Once again, "the Jews" are accused of trying to kill Jesus. 11:8
- If you don't believe in Jesus you are going to hell. 12:48
- Jesus is the only way to heaven. All other religions lead to hell. 14:6
- John blames the Jews for the death of Jesus. 19:7, 12, 14-15
- "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me:
and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father."
If you follow Jesus' teachings, God will love you -- otherwise... well, you know.
- Those who do not believe in Jesus will be cast into a fire to be burned.
- Now that Jesus has come, non-believers have no excuse for not believing in him.
- "I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me."
Jesus only prays for people who believe in him. Everyone else can go to hell. 17:9
- "For fear of the Jews"
You've got to watch out for Jews wherever you go. 19:38
- John, with his usual anti-Semitism, says that the disciples hid in locked room "for fear of the Jews."