Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces.
- Malachi 2:3
Malachi for Skeptics
The book of Malachi is anonymous; Malachi is just a
transliteration of the Hebrew words for "my messenger.".
Here are some highlights.
- God, for some strange reason, "hated Esau." 1:3
- God also hates the Edomites, and his hatred will last forever. 1:4
- He continues to demand animal sacrifices. And not just any animals will do. He is insulted
when blind, lame, or sick animals are killed for him. 1:8, 13-14
- Give glory to God or he will curse you. 2:2
- "Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces." 2:3
- When God spreads dung upon your face, you'll know where it came from. 2:4
- God will curse you if you don't give him money and meat. 3:8
- God will burn "the wicked" and the "righteous" will walk around on their ashes. 4:1-3
- The Old Testament ends fittingly with these words: "lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."