Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
Injustice in Malachi
- God hated Esau and gave his inheritance to the dragons. 1:3
- God hates the Edomites, and his hatred will last forever. Whenever the Edomites build something, God will tear it down. 1:4
- God continues to demand animal sacrifices. And not just any animals will do. He is insulted when blind, lame, or sick animals are killed for him.
- Give glory to God or he will curse you. 2:2
- "I also made you contemptible and base before all the people." 2:9
- God will curse you if you don't give him money and meat. 3:8-10
- God will burn "the wicked" and the "righteous" will walk around on their ashes.
- The Old Testament ends fittingly with these words: "lest I come and
smite the earth with a curse." 4:6