- Mark 16:16
- He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he
that believeth not shall be damned.
- John 3:18, 36
- He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that
believeth not is condemned already .... He that believeth on the Son
hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see
life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
- Acts 16:30-31
- Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on
the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy
- Romans 1:16-17
- For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the
power of God salvation to every one that believeth.... As it is
written, The just shall live by faith.
- Romans 3:20, 28
- By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified
in his sight. (v.20)
A man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
- Romans 4:2
- For if Abraham were justified by works he hath whereof to
- Romans 4:13
- For the promise ... was not to Abraham, or to his seed,
through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
- Romans 5:1
- Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with
God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Romans 10:9
- If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt
believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be
- Galatians 2:16
- A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the
faith of Jesus Christ.
- Galatians 3:11-12
- The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith.
- Ephesians 2:8-9
- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not
of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any
man should boast.
- Titus 3:5
- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according
to his mercy he saved us, by the
washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.
- Psalm 62:12
- For you render to each one according to his works.
- Proverbs 10:16
- The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to
- Ecclesiastes 12:14
- For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing,
whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
- Jeremiah 17:10
- I the Lord ... give every man according to his ways, and
according to the fruit of his doings.
- Ezekiel 18:27, 30
- When the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness ... and doeth that which is lawful
and right, he shall save his soul. (V.27)
I will judge you ... every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. (v.30)
- Matthew 5:20
- Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall
in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 12:37
- For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words
thou shalt be condemned.
- Matthew 16:27
- For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with
His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
- Matthew 19:17
- If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.
- Matthew 25:41-46
- Then shall he say also
unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting
fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave
me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not:
sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an
hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did
not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye
did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
And these shall go
away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
- Luke 10:26-28
- He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest
thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all
thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with
all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou
hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
- John 5:29
- And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto
the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the
resurrection of damnation.
- Romans 2:6, 13
- Who will render to each one according to his deeds.
For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the
doers of the law will be justified.
- 2 Corinthians 5:10
- For we must all appear before the jugment seat of
Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according
to what he has done, whether good or bad.
- 2 Corinthians 11:15
- Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform
themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be
according to their works.
- Philippians 2:12
- Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
- James 1:22
- Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves
- James 2:14, 17, 21-25
- What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith
but does not have works? Can faith save him? (v.14)
Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is
Was not Abraham our father justified by works? You see
then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
Likewise, was not Rabab the harlot also justified by works?
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is
dead also. (vv.21-25)
- 1 Peter 1:17
- The Father, who without partiality judges according
to each one's work.
- Revelation 2:23
- I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
- Revelation 20:12-13
- And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were
opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged
out of those things which were written in the books, according to their
works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell
delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their
- Revelation 22:14
- Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the
tree of life.