Song of Solomon: Absurdity
- "The song of songs, which is Solomon's."
The author claims to be Solomon. He isn't. The Song of Solomon (aka "The Song of Songs") was written (forged) several hundred
years after Solomon died (if he ever lived, that is). 1:1
- "Thy teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn, which came up
from the washing; whereof every one bear twins, and none is barren among
- "Thy neck is like the tower of David builded for an armoury, whereon there
hang a thousand bucklers, all shields of mighty men." 4:14
- Thy teeth are as a flock of sheep which go up from the washing, whereof
every one beareth twins, and there is not one barren among them. 6:6
- "Thy nose is as the tower of Lebanon which looketh toward Damascus." 7:4
- "The smell of thy nose like apples" 7:8
- "And the roof of thy mouth like the best wine for my beloved, that goeth down sweetly, causing the lips of those that are asleep to speak."
- "O that thou wert as my brother, that sucked the breasts of my mother! when I should find thee without, I would kiss thee; yea,
I should not be despised." 8:1
- "We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts ... But my breasts [are] like towers." 8:8-10