- God decides to kill Moses because his son had not yet been circumcised. 4:24-26
- God will kill the Egyptian children to show that he puts "a difference between the Egyptians and Israel."
- After God has sufficiently hardened the Pharaoh's heart, he kills all the firstborn Egyptian children. When he was finished
"there was not a house where there was not one dead." Finally, he runs out of little babies to kill, so he slaughters the firstborn
cattle, too. 12:29
- No stranger, foreigner, or uncircumcised person can eat the Passover.
12:43, 45, 48
- If you do what God says, he won't send his diseases on you (like he did to the Egyptians).
But otherwise.... 15:26
- When the people complain to Moses, he tells them they aren't complaining about him, but about God, making
them apostates and heretics, and therefore deserve severe punishment. Religious leaders have
used this tactic ever since. 16:8
- Joshua, with God's approval, kills the Amalekites "with the edge of the sword."
- The Lord will have war with Amalek from
generation to generation." 17:14
- "The Lord has sworn [God swears!] that the Lord will have war with Amalek from generation to generation." So God
is still fighting Amalek. I hope Moses can still keep his hand up. 17:14-16
- God favors Israelites "above all people." 19:5
- The first commandment ("Thou shalt have no other gods before me.") condemns those who worship any other than the
biblical god. 20:3
- "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Thousands of innocent women have suffered excruciating deaths because of this
- "He who sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed." If this commandment is obeyed,
then the four billion people who do not believe in the biblical god must be killed. 22:20
- Don't even mention the names of the other gods. 23:13
- God will send an angel to help his people. If they obey him, God will be an enemy to their enemies, cutting them all off.
- Do not allow others to worship a different god. Conquer them
and destroy their religious property. 23:24
- God promises to "send his fear before the Israelites" and
to kill everyone that they encounter when they enter the promised land.
- Stay away from those who worship a different god. 23:32
- Don't let any strangers attend your animal sacrifices. 29:33
- Whoever puts holy oil on a stranger shall be "cut off from his people."
- Those who break the Sabbath are to be executed. 31:14
- Moses burned the golden calf, ground it into powder, and then forced it down the throats
of all the people. 32:20
- God orders the sons of Levi (Moses, Aaron, and the other members of their tribe that were "on the Lord's side") to kill
"every man his neighbor." "And there fell of the people that day about 3000 men." 32:27-28
- "Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I
blot out of my book." 32:33
- God drives out the pagan tribes and commands the Israelites to destroy their altars and places of worship.
- God, "whose name is Jealous", will not tolerate the worship of any other god. 34:14
- "Thou shalt make thee no molten gods." 34:17
- Whoever works, or even kindles a fire, on the Sabbath "shall be put to death." 35:2-3