-Book of Mormon
says about ...
What the Bible says about stoning
- For touching Mount Sinai
- Whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death.
- For taking "accursed things"
- Achan ... took of the accursed thing. ... And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned
them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. ... So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his
anger. Joshua 7:1-26
- For cursing or blaspheming
- And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the
congregation shall certainly stone him.
- For adultery (including urban rape victims who fail to scream loud enough)
- If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city,
and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them
with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city.
- For animals (like an ox that gores a human)
- If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned.
- For a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night
- If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman,
and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother,
take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And
the damsel's father shall say ... these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread
the cloth before the elders of the city. ... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be
not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and
the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die.
- For worshipping other gods
- If there be found among you ... that ... hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped
them ... Then shalt thou ... tone them with stones, till they die.
- If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy
friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which
thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers ... thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die.
- For disobeying parents
- If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or
the voice of his mother ... Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto
the elders of his city ... And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and
rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city
shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21
- For witches and wizards
- A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to
death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.
- For giving your children to Molech
- Whosoever ... giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people
of the land shall stone him with stones. Leviticus 20:2
- For breaking the Sabbath
- They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses,
The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.... And all the
congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded
Moses. Numbers 15:32-56
- For cursing the king
- Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may
die. 1 Kings 21:10
What the Quran says about stoning
- Dwindling in Unbelief
- Biblical Justice:
Everybody must get stoned
by stoning: the Bible vs the Quran
to stone somebody (according to the Bible)
- The Brick Testament
- Blasphemer Stoned
- Proof of Virginity