What the Bible says about Cannibalism
- Sometimes God forces people to eat other people, often their own children or other family members.
- I also will do this unto you... You shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat
it. -- Leviticus 26:16
- And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your
daughters shall ye eat. -- Leviticus 26:29
- And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and
of thy daughters. -- Deuteronomy 28:53
- And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and
toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them.
-- Deuteronomy 28:57
- Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, and the
people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother.
And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat
on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his
own arm. -- Isaiah 9:19-20
- And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and
they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine.
-- Isaiah 49:26
- And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the
flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend.
-- Jeremiah 19:9
- Therefore the fathers shall eat the sons in the midst of thee, and
the sons shall eat their fathers. -- Ezekiel 5:10
- I will not feed you: that that dieth, let it die; and that that is to be
cut off, let it be cut off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another.
-- Zechariah 11:9
- Sometimes the Bible just reports, often with apparent relish, cases of
- This woman said unto
me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow.
So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son,
that we may eat him. 2 Kings 6:28-29
- The hands of the pitiful women have sodden their own children: they were
their meat. -- Lamentations 4:10
- Who pluck off their skin from off them, and their flesh from off their bones;
Who also eat the flesh of my people, and flay their skin from off them;
and they break their bones, and chop them in pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the
caldron. -- Micah 3:2-3
- Heap on wood, kindle
the fire, consume the flesh, and spice it well, and let the bones be burned. Then set it empty
upon the coals thereof, that the brass of it may be hot,
and may burn, and that the filthiness of it may be molten in it, that the scum of it may be
consumed. She hath wearied
herself with lies, and her great scum went not forth out of her: her scum
shall be in the fire. -- Ezekiel 24:10-12
- The Brick Testament
- Why to keep