- John the Baptist calls all of his contemporaries "a generation of vipers."
- "O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you?" 9:41
- Jesus calls his critics fools, thus making himself, by his own standards (Mt 5:22),
worthy of "hell fire." 11:40
- Jesus calls the people hypocrites because they cannot "discern this time." 12:56
- The man (whoever he was) who talked with the two unnamed apostles on the way to Emmaus calls them "fools,"
thereby making himself a candidate for "hell fire." (Mt 5:22) 24:25