- Exodus 34:6
- The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth.
- Deuteronomy 4:31
- For the Lord thy God is a merciful God.
- 2 Samuel 24:14
- Let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for his mercies are
- 1 Chronicles 16:34; Psalm 106:1, 107:1,
- O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy
- Psalm 25:8
- Good and upright is the Lord.
- Psalm 86:5
- For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy
unto all them that call upon thee.
- Psalm 100:5
- For the Lord is good, his mercy is everlasting.
- Psalm 103:8
- The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and
plenteous in mercy.
- Psalm 145:9
- The Lord is good to all, and his tender mercies are over all
- Jeremiah 3:12
- I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep
anger for ever.
- Jeremiah 33:11
- The LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
- Lamentations 3:33
- ;For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of
- Joel 2:13
- For he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great
- Micah 7:18
- Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the
remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.
- Judith 13:21
- Give all of you glory to him, because he is good, because his mercy endureth for ever.
- 2 Corinthians 1:3
- Blessed be God ... the Father of mercies.
- James 5:11
- For the Lord is very pitiful and of tender mercy.
- 1 John 4:16
- God is love.
- Exodus 34:6-7
- The Lord God ... visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the
children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth
- Numbers 25:4
- And the Lord said to Moses, Take all the heads of the people,
and hang them up before the Lord against the sun, that the fierce
anger of the Lord may be turned away from Israel.
- Deuteronomy 7:16
- And thou shalt consume all the people which the Lord thy God
shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pit upon them.
- 1 Samuel 6:19
- Because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he
smote of the people fifty thousand, and three score and ten men.
- 1 Samuel 15:2-3
- Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they
have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and
- Lamentation 2:2
- The LORD hath swallowed up all the habitations of Jacob,
and hath not pitied.
- Lamentations 2:17
- The LORD hath done that which he had devised.... He
hath thrown down, and hath not pitied.
- Lamentations 3:43
- Thou hast slain, thou hast not pitied.
- Jeremiah 13:14
- I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy.
- Jeremiah 16:3-7
- For thus saith the LORD concerning the sons and concerning
the daughters that are born in this place, and concerning their
mothers that bare them, and concerning their fathers that
begat them in this land; They shall die of grievous deaths; they shall not be lamented;
neither shall they be buried; but they shall be as dung upon
the face of the earth: and they shall be consumed by the
sword, and by famine; and their carcases shall be meat for the
fowls of heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.
For thus saith the LORD, Enter not into the house of mourning, neither go to lament nor bemoan them:
for I have taken away my peace from this people, saith the LORD, even lovingkindness and mercies.
Both the great and the small shall die in this land: they shall not be buried, neither shall men lament for
them, nor cut themselves, nor make themselves bald for them:
Neither shall men tear themselves for them in mourning, to comfort them for the dead; neither shall men
give them the cup of consolation to drink for their father or for their mother.
- Ezekiel 7:4, 9
- And mine eye shall not spare thee, neither will I have pity.
- Ezekiel 9:5-6
- Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your
eye spare, neither have ye pity:
Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women.
- Micah 1:12
- But evil came down
from the LORD unto the gate of Jerusalem.