-Book of Mormon
says about ...
What the Bible says about Free Will
- God determines who is going to heaven ...
- "And as many as were ordained to eternal life believed."
-- Acts 13:48
- "For whom he did foreknow, he also did
predestinate.... Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he
called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."
-- Romans 8:29-30
- "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling,
not according to our works, but according to his own
purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ
Jesus before the world began." -- 2 Timothy 1:9
- "He hath chosen us in him before the
foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself,
according to the good pleasure of his will." -- Ephesians 1:4-5
- "God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation."
-- 2 Thessalonians 2:13
- and who is going to hell.
- "God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be
damned." -- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
- "For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to
this condemnation." -- Jude 4
- There's nothing you can do about it.
- "For the children being not yet born,
neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election
might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth. .... For he saith to Moses, I
will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will
have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but
of God that sheweth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same
purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name
might be declared throughout all the earth. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will
have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he
yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that
repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou
made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one
vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his
wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of
wrath fitted to destruction." -- Romans 9:11-22
Do humans have free will?