-Book of Mormon
says about ...
What the Bible says about Clothing and Fashions
- Women may not wear men's clothing or vice versa -- it's an "abomination unto the Lord."
- "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's
garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God." -- Deuteronomy 22:5
- Women may not braid their hair, wear gold, pearls, or expensive clothing.
- "Women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls,
or costly array." -- 1 Timothy 2:9
- "Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold,
or of putting on of apparel." -- 1 Peter 3:3
- Don't wear garments with wool and linen blended together.
- "Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together."
-- Deuteronomy 22:11
- A man's hair should be short, and a woman's long.
- "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have
long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." -- 1 Corinthians 11:14-15
- God will punish those who wear strange clothes.
- "I will punish ... all such as are clothed with strange apparel." -- Zephaniah 1:8
- Priests must wear linen, not wool, and may not wear any garment that makes them sweat.
- "But the priests ... shall be clothed with linen garments; and no wool shall come upon them. They shall have linen
bonnets upon their heads, and shall have linen breeches upon their loins; they shall not gird themselves with any thing
that causeth sweat." -- Ezekiel 44:15-18
- Every Jot and Tittle
- Commandments about Clothing
- Contradictions about ...
- Clothes, Hair, and Fashion