-Book of Mormon
says about ...
What the Bible says about Capital Punishment
- For Adultery
- And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth
adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put
to death. -- Leviticus 20:10
- For Animals
- If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned. -- Exodus 21:28
- For Beastiality
- Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.
-- Exodus 22:19
- And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye
shall slay the beast. -- Leviticus 20:15
- And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt
kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
-- Leviticus 20:16
- For Blasphemy
- He that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all
the congregation shall certainly stone him. -- Leviticus 24:16
- For Breaking the Sabbath
- Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one
that defileth it shall surely be put to death. -- Exodus 31:14
- Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy
to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
-- Exodus 31:15
- Six days shall work bedone, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an
holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.
-- Exodus 35:2
- For Disobedient children
- He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
-- Exodus 21:15
- He that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
-- Exodus 21:17
- For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put
to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
-- Leviticus 20:9
- For Homosexuality
- If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them
have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
-- Leviticus 20:13
- For Incest
- And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's
nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
-- Leviticus 20:11
- And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely
be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
-- Leviticus 20:12
- And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be
burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.
-- Leviticus 20:14
- For Murder
- Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed.
-- Genesis 9:6
- For Rape Victims who don't cry out loudly enough
- If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man
find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall
stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he
hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.
-- Deuteronomy 22:23-24
- For Stealing Slaves
- He that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his
hand, he shall surely be put to death. -- Exodus 21:16
- For not being a Virgin on the night of the wedding
- If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I
took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the
father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the
damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate.... But if this thing be true, and the tokens
of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house,
and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought
folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put
evil away from among you.-- Deuteronomy 22:13-22
- For Witches
- Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. -- Exodus 22:18
- For Worshipping another god
- He that sacrificeth unto any god save unto the LORD only, he shall be
utterly destroyed. -- Exodus 22:20
- Contradictions about ...
- Crime and Punishment
- Every Jot and Tittle
- Crime and Punishment
- Dwindling in Unbelief
- Piers Morgan:
The Bible is flawed and should be amended
- The Brick Testament
- Blasphemer Stoned
- Proof of Virginity