-In the Bible
-In the Book of Mormon
-SAQ DB Forum
Get the SAB
Is it OK to drink alcohol?
- Yes, but don't come drunk to prayer.
- Draw not near unto prayer when ye are drunken, till ye know that which ye utter. 4:43
- No, it is a great sin.
- Strong drink and games of chance. Say: In both is great sin. 2:219
- Strong drink and games of chance ... are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. 5:90
- And of the fruits of the date-palm, and grapes, whence ye derive strong drink and (also) good nourishment.
Lo! therein is indeed a portent for people who have sense. 16:67
Is Allah saying in 16:67 that since both alcohol and food come from plants, and plants were made for human use, that
it is OK to drink alcohol? Or is he saying both good (food) and bad (alcohol) things come from plants?
- Muslim Response
- Answers to "Contradictions in the Quran"
- Is it OK to drink alcohol?