Surah 33: Family Values
- Proclaim real parentage. (Adoption is not permitted.) 33:5
- The prophet [Muhammad] is closer to believers than their own selves. And his wives are like their own mothers. 33:6
- If Muhammad's wives are good, Allah will give them "an immense reward."
- The wives of Muhammad will be punished double for lewdness. (And that is easy for Allah.)
- The wives of Muhammad are not like other women. They must not leave their houses.
- When Allah or Muhammad decide that a man and a woman should marry, they must marry.
- Allah gave Zeyd to Muhammad in marriage. This was so that all Muslims would know that it's OK to
marry your adopted son's ex-wife. 33:37
- Allah says it is lawful for Muhammad to marry any woman, and however many women, he wants.
- If men must speak to Muhammad's wives they must speak from behind a curtain. And no one must
ever marry one of his wives. 33:53
- But it's OK for Muhammad's wives to talk with certain people. 33:55
- Women must cover themselves when in public. 33:59