2: The Cow
Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
Previous | Next
Surah 2: Interpretation
- Muhammad said that Satan runs away
from any house in which this surah is recited. 2:1-286
- "Alif. Lam. Mim."
Many surahs start with three Arabic letters. No one knows why. But I have a theory. The mysterious letters (Alif. Lam. Mim.)
are the Quranic equivalent of WTF. 2:1
- Nothing in the Quran, not a singe verse, is wrong --
except for the verses that are wrong, that is. And Allah will replace them later with better verses. This is called the doctrine of
- Muslims can't eat carrion, pork, blood, or anything sacrificed to another god. 2:173
- The Republicans should like this verse. It forbids what Tea Baggers they like to call the "death tax." So when a rich Muslim dies,
he must leave all of his wealth to his family. 2:180
- "It is not righteousness that ye go to houses by the backs thereof."
Is Muhammad talking about anal sex here? (I'm just asking.) 2:189
- "Be not cast by your own hands to ruin."
Some Muslims interpret this to forbid suicide bombings. 2:195
- "Beautified is the life of the world for those who disbelieve;
they make a jest of the believers."
Yes life is beautiful to us unbelievers and we like to laugh at believers! 2:212
- Is it OK to drink alcohol? 2:219