Science and History
Dwindling in Unbelief
- "I went out by night by the gate of the valley, even before the dragon well."
According to creationist writer, Derek Isaacs, "Ancient Jewish tradition, apart from the Bible, taught that a dragon was somehow
attached to the well, either in reality or in spirit. More than likely, that story arose from an actual dinosaur living in the region,
or even at some point, living inside the well itself."
Dragons or Dinosaurs?: Creation or Evolution?, p.163
- "Then I consulted with myself." 5:7
- Nehemiah gets so upset that he shakes his lap. 5:13
- God's magical Urim and Thummim 7:65
- Here we are told that the whole congregation
totaled 42,360. But if we just total up the numbers given in Neh.7:8-62 we come
up with only 31,089. 7:66
- The Israelites clothing didn't wear out while wandering around in the desert for 40 years.
(God made the childrens' shoes grow with their feet so they wouldn't need new ones!) 9:21
- Nehemiah threw all of Tobiah's stuff out of the room. 13:8
- Nehemiah rebukes the men for marrying "strange wives." To punish them he "contended with them, and
cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair." 13:25-27