- The offering for an individual who sins through ignorance: An unblemished bullock 4:1-12
- The offering for a congregation that sins through ignorance: A bullock (blemished or unblemished) 4:13-21
- The offering for a ruler who sins through ignorance: A young unblemished male goat 4:22-25
- The offering for a common person who sins through ignorance: A young unblemished female sheep or goat 4:27-35
- If you sin without knowing that you've done anything wrong, kill an unblemished ram for God. 5:14-15
- "If a soul sin ... though he wist it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity."
If you sin against your own will, you are still guilty. 5:17
- "If any of the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings be eaten at all on the third day ...
it shall be an abomination, and the soul that eateth of it shall bear his iniquity."
Don't eat any of your dead sacrificial animals on the third day after you kill them. That is an abomination to God and he will
never forgive you for it! 7:18
- Don't eat any sacrificed animals while you have your uncleanness upon you. If you do, you'll be exiled. 7:20
- If you touch any unclean thing (like "the uncleanness of man, or any unclean beast, or any other abominable unclean thing")
while eating sacrificed animals, you will be exiled. 7:21
- Don't eat the fat of ox, sheep, or goats; or of an animal that dies of natural causes; or of burnt offerings.
Whoever eats these things will be exiled. 7:23-25
- Don't eat blood. Whoever does will be exiled. 7:26
- Two of the sons of Aaron "offered strange fire before the Lord" and "there went out fire
from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord." 10:1-2
- Moses tells Aaron that his sons were burned to death to sanctify and glorify God. 10:3
- Moses tells Aaron's cousins to drag the burned bodies out of the camp, and he warns Aaron not to mourn the death of his sons or God will
kill him too, along with everyone else. 10:4-6
- If priests misbehave at the tabernacle by uncovering their heads, tearing their clothes, leaving
with holy oil on them, or by drinking "wine or strong drink", then God will kill them and send his
wrath on "all the people." 10:6-9
- God will kill any priest that leaves the tabernacle. 10:7
- If priests misbehave at the tabernacle by by drinking "wine or strong drink," then God will kill them and send his
wrath on "all the people." "It shall be a statute for ever." 10:9
- "She shall bring a lamb ... for a burnt offering, and... a young pigeon, or dove, for a sin offering."
After a woman gives birth, a priest must kill a lamb, pigeon, or dove as a sin offering. This is because having children is sinful and God likes it when things are
killed for him. 12:6
- Lepers must tear up their clothes, not wear hats, cover their upper lips, and cry "unclean, unclean."They are defiled, unclean,
and must live alone, away from everyone else. 13:45-46
- "When ye be come into the land of Canaan ... I put the plague of leprosy in ... the land of your possession."
God "put the plague of leprosy" on the Canaanites. 14:34
- God warns Aaron that he might have to burn him to death like he did his sons. (10:1-2)
- God explains the use of scapegoats. It goes like this: Get two goats. Kill one. Wipe,
smear, and sprinkle the blood around seven times. Then take the other goat, give it the sins of all
the people, and send it off into the wilderness. 16:8-28
- "Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of
Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the
hand of a fit man into the wilderness. And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities." 16:21-22
- God is angry at the people for sacrificing to devils and going a whoring after them. Whoever does so must be
- "Whosoever shall commit any of these abominations ... shall be cut off from among their people." 18:29
- Don't eat sacrifices on the third day or God will cut you off from among your
- If a man has sex with an engaged slave woman, scourge the woman, but
don't punish the man. (Even if he raped her?) 19:20-22
- "Whosoever ... giveth ... his seed unto Molech ... the people ... shall stone him with stones." 20:2
- If you refuse to kill someone who gives his seed to Molech, God set his face against you and your family.
- Stay away from people with familiar spirits and don't "go a whoring" after them either.
- "For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall surely be put to death." Couldn't
we try spanking first? 20:9
- Both parties in adultery shall be executed. 20:10
- If a man has sex with his father's wife, kill them both. 20:11
- If a man "lies" with his daughter-in-law, then both must be killed.
- If a man has sex with another man, kill them both. 20:13
- If you "lie" with your wife and your mother-in-law (now that sounds fun!), all three
of your must be burned to death. 20:14
- If a man or woman "lie with a beast" both the person and the poor animal are to be
- People with "familiar spirits" (witches, fortune tellers, etc.) are to be
stoned to death. 20:27
- A priest's daughter who "plays the whore" is to be burned to death.
- Handicapped people cannot approach the altar of God. They would "profane" it.
- Anyone with a "flat nose, or any thing superfluous" must stay away from the altar of God.
- A man who is unclean, or is a leper, or has a "running issue", or "whose seed goeth from
him", or who touches any dead or "creeping thing" ... "shall not eat of the holy things, until he be
- No stranger or slave can "eat of the holy thing." 22:10, 13
- "But if the priest buy any soul with his money ..." It must be OK to buy slaves; even priests
do it. 22:11
- If a priest's daughter marries "a stranger" she can't eat any holy things. 22:12
- Don't do any work on the day of atonement or God will destroy you.
- A man curses and blasphemes while disputing with another man. Moses asks God what to
do about it. God says that the whole community must stone him to death. "And the children of Israel did as the Lord
and Moses commanded." 24:10-23
- Anyone who blasphemes or curses shall be stoned to death by the entire community.
- "He that killeth any man shall surely be put to death." 24:17
- "If a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him." 24:19
- "Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again."
- "He that killeth a man, he shall be put to death." 24:21
- God's instructions for buying your brother for a slave.
- God tells the Israelites to make slaves out of their neighbors and their families. The "heathens" and
"strangers" are to be their possessions forever. 25:44-46
- God tells the Israelites to "chase" their enemies and make them "fall before you by the
sword." He figures five of the Israelites will be able to "chase" a hundred of their enemies, and a
hundred will be able to "put ten thousand to flight." 26:7-8
- If you don't follow all of the laws in the Old Testament, God will shower you with all of the curses in the next 25 verses.
- "I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning
ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed
in vain, for your enemies shall eat it." 26:16
- "I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies." 26:17
- "And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins."
- "I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins." 26:21
- "I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle." 26:22
- "I ... will punish you yet (another) seven times for your sins." 26:24
- "I will bring a sword upon you ... I will send the pestilence among you; and ye shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy."
- "And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me ... then ... I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins."
- "And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." 26:29
- "I will ... cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you." 26:30
- "And I will make your cities waste." 26:31
- "And I will bring the land into desolation". 26:32
- "And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste."
- "And upon them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a
shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursueth."
- "And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your
- "And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up." 26:38
- "And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their
fathers shall they pine away with them." 26:39
- God defines the value of human life in dollars and cents. Of course, to God, females
are worth considerably less than males (50 - 60%) -- but neither are worth much.
- All "devoted" things (both man and beast) "shall surely be put to death."