Leviticus: Good Stuff
- "If a soul ... lie unto his neighbour ... or have found that which was lost, and lieth concerning it ... then ...
he shall restore that which he took ... or the lost thing which he found ... and shall add the fifth part more thereto."
What is stolen or wrongfully acquired should be returned to the owner. 6:2-5
- "Thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife." 18:20
- Leave some grapes on the vine for travelers and the poor. 19:10
- Don't steal or lie 19:11
- "Thou shalt not defraud
thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired." 19:13
- "Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumbling block before the
- Don't gossip. 19:16
- Don't hate people. 19:17
- "Love thy neighbor as thyself." 19:18
- Respect your elders. 19:32
- Be kind to strangers. 19:33-34
- Treat others fairly. Don't cheat. 19:35-36
- To help feed the poor and strangers, farmers should not harvest
the corners of their fields. 23:22
- "Proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof."
This verse is inscribed on the Liberty Bell and was used by
abolitionists in their fight against slavery. Leviticus 25:10
- Do not oppress one another. 25:17
- "If thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou
shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee." 25:35