- For Murder
- Gen.9:6 "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed."
- Numbers 35.30 "Whoso killeth any person, the murderer shall be put to death."
- For disobedient children
- Ex.21:15 "He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death."
- Ex.21:17 "He that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death."
- Lev.20:9 "For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put
to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him."
- For witches
- Ex.22:18 "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
- For Beastiality
- Ex.22:19 "Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death."
- Lev.20:15 "And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye
shall slay the beast."
- Lev.20:16 "And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt
kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
- For worshipping another god
- Ex.22:20 "He that sacrificeth unto any god save unto the LORD only, he shall be
- For breaking the Sabbath
- Ex.31:14 "Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one
that defileth it shall surely be put to death."
- Ex.31:15 "Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy
to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."
- Ex.35:2 "Six days shall work bedone, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an
holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death."
- For adultery
- Lev.20:10 "And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth
adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."
- For Incest
- Lev.20:11 "And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's
nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
- Lev.20:12 "And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely
be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them."
- Lev.20:14 "And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be
burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you."
- For Homosexuality
- Lev.20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them
have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
- For Blasphemy
- Lev.24:16 "He that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all
the congregation shall certainly stone him."
- For stealing slaves
- Ex.21:16 "He that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his
hand, he shall surely be put to death."
- For not being a virgin on the night of the wedding
- Dt.22:13-22 "If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I
took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the
father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the
damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate.... But if this thing be true, and the tokens
of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house,
and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought
folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put
evil away from among you."
- For Rape Victims who don't cry out loudly enough
- Dt.22:23-24 "If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man
find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall
stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he
hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you."
- "And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should
- "And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery;
and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very
act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what
Jesus ... said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."