Who (or what) is the ransom for the righteous?
- The wicked.
- The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous. Proverbs 21:18
- Jesus (he is the ransom for all or at least for many, some of whom are probably righteous).
- [Jesus] Who gave himself as a ransom for many. 2 Timothy 2:6
The Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister,
and to give his life a ransom for many. Mark 10:45, Matthew 20:28
- The ransom of a man's life are his riches. Proverbs 13:8
(Seems like this applies to everyone, including the righteous.)
- No one and nothing, since there are no righteous people.
- What is man, that he should be clean? and he which is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?
- Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know? and beforetime, that we may say, He is righteous? yea, there is none that sheweth,
yea, there is none that declareth, yea, there is none that heareth your words. Isaiah 41:26
- We are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags. Isaiah 64:6
- There is none righteous, no, not one. Romans 3:10