- Proverbs 28:22
- He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.
- John 19:23-24
- Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments ... and
also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.
They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might
be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things
therefore the soldiers did.
(Since the Roman soldiers were bad guys and they gambled for the robe of
Jesus, gambling must be bad.)
- Numbers 26:52-56
- And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying ... the land shall be divided by lot.
- Numbers 33:54
- Ye shall divide the land by lot.
- Numbers 34:13
- And Moses commanded the children of Israel, saying, This is the land which
ye shall inherit by lot.
- Joshua 14:2
- By lot was their inheritance, as the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses.
- Joshua 18:6
- Ye shall therefore describe the land into seven parts, and bring the description hither to me, that I may cast lots for you
here before the LORD our God.
- Joshua 19:51
- These are the inheritances, which Eleazar the priest, and Joshua the son of Nun, and the heads of the fathers of the
tribes of the children of Israel, divided for an inheritance by lot in Shiloh before the LORD.
- Joshua 21:8
- And the children of Israel gave by lot unto the Levites these cities with their suburbs, as the LORD commanded by the
hand of Moses.
- 1 Samuel 10:19-21
- Ye have said ... set a king over us. Now therefore present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes ... When Samuel had caused all the tribes of Israel to come near, the
tribe of Benjamin was taken. When he had caused the tribe of Benjamin to come near by their families,
the family of Matri was taken, and Saul the son of Kish was taken.
- 1 Chronicles 26:13-14
- And they cast lots, as well the small as the great, according to the house of their fathers, for every gate.
And the lot eastward fell to Shelemiah. Then for Zechariah his son, a wise counsellor, they cast lots; and his lot came
- Nehemiah 10:34
- And we cast the lots among the priests, the Levites, and the people, for the wood offering, to bring it into the house of
- Acts 1:23-26
- And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. And they prayed, and
said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen.... And they gave
forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.