- "And I will send an angel before thee; and I will drive out the
Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite,
the Hivite, and the Jebusite.
- "When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whither
thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee,
the Hittites, ... and the Amorites, and the Canaanites,
and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites.
- "And he shall deliver their kings into thine hand, and thou
shalt destroy their name from under heaven: there shall no man be
able to stand before thee, unto thou have destroyed them."
- "The Lord thy God, he will go over before thee, and he will
destroy these nations from before thee, and thou shalt possess
- "Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that
have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. All the land of the Hivites.
There shall not any man be able to stand before thee."
- "Hereby ye shall know that the living God is among you, and
that he will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites,
and the Hittites, and the Hivites, and the Perizzites,
... and the Amorites, and the Jebusites."
- "For thou shalt drive out the Canaanites, though they
have iron chariots, and though they be strong."
- "And the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to
give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein. And
there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the Lord
delivered all their enemies into their hand."
- "As for the Jebusites the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the
children of Judah could not drive them out: but the Jebusites dwell
with the children of Judah at Jerusalem unto this day.."
- "And they drave not out the Cananites that dwell in
Gezer: but the Canaanites dwell among the Ephraimites unto this
- "Yet the children of Manasseh could not drive out the
inhabitants of those cities; but the Canaanites would dwell in
that land ... The children of Israel ... did not utterly drive them
- "An the children of Benjamin did not drive out the Jebusites
that inhabited Jerusalem; but the Jebusites dwell with the children of
Benjamin in Jerusalem unto this day."
- "Neither did Manasseh drive out the inhabitants of Bethshean
and her towns, ... But the Canaanites would dwell in that land.
And it cam to pass ... that they ... did not utterly drive them
- "Now these are the nations which the Lord left ... the Canaanites,
Hittites, and Amorites, and Perizzites, and Hivites,