Book of Mormon: Women
- "I beheld a virgin, and whe was exceedingly fair and white."
Nephi sees an exceedingly white virgin. But how the hell would Nephi know that the exceedingly white woman was
a virgin? I guess Nephi could spot a virgin from 400 kilometers away. 11:13
- Nephi, his brothers, and Zoram (Laban's servant) all got married to Ishmael's nameless daughters. It was a group wedding
with Lehi serving as the Reverend Moon, saying stuff like, "Do you [Nephi, Laman, Lemuel, Sam, Zoram] take what's her name here
to be your lawfully wedded wife?" 16:7
- They waded through much affliction and their nameless women bore children in the wilderness. 17:1b
- When women are allowed to rule, everything goes to hell in a hand basket. 13:12
- God will "smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion" and "will discover their secret parts"
since he doesn't like the way they dress and walk. 13:16-17
- Here is a clear prophecy of the future Mormon church: "And in that day, seven women shall take hold of one
man, saying: let us be called by thy name to take away our reproach." 14:1
- After God "washed away the filth" from the women and killed the men, he set up
"a cloud and smoke by day" and a "flaming fire by night." 14:4-5
- God delights in the chastity of women. 2:28
- "Many of the daughters of the Lamanites have they
taken prisoners; and after depriving them of that which was most dear and precious above all things,
which is chastity and virtue."
Chastity (for women) is "most dear and precious above all things." It is lost
if they are raped.
This is the first scripture that young women are
taught by the LDS church at the
Young Woman's Personal Progress Program.