1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15
Science and History
Cruelty and Violence
-Book of Ether
-The Brother of Jared
Science and History in Ether
- The Jaredites were Israelites who lived at the time of the Tower of Babel. (Genesis 11:1-9)
- The Jaredites brought domesticated old world animals and plants "of every kind" to the New World. 1:41
- "They did also carry with them deseret, which, by interpretation, is a honey bee."
There were no honey bees in the New World before they were introduced by Europeans in the 17th century.
(Wikipedia: Origin and distribution
of the genus Apis) 2:3
- The brother of Jared made 16 small stones, as clear as glass, out of molten rock. He then
asked God to touch the stones to make them into lights to light up the inside of the barges. God
did as the brother of Jared requested. 3:1-6
- "He ... made swords out of steel." 7:9
- "All manner of cattle, of oxen, and cows, and of sheep, and swine, and of goats ... horses, and
asses, and elephants"
None of these animals existed in the New World at the time it was supposedly occupied by the Jaredites .
- "Coriantum took to wife, in his old age, a young maid, and begat sons and daughters; wherefore he lived until he was an hundred and forty
and two years old." 9:24
- "There came forth poisonous serpents also upon the face of the land, and did poison many people."
- "Lib also did that which was good in the sight of the Lord. And ... the poisonous serpents were
- Brass, iron and silks -- none of which existed in the Pre-Columbian New World.
- "There had been slain two millions of mighty men, and also their wives and their children."
Millions of people were "slain by the sword", yet no swords have ever been found from pre-Columbian America.