Science and History
Absurdity in 4 Nephi
- And it came to pass
- Dwindling in unbelief
- "The thirty and fourth year passed away, and also the thirty and fifth." 1
- In the 36th year everyone became a Christian and everyone behaved perfectly.
- "There were great and marvelous works wrought by the disciples of Jesus."
The sick, dead, lame, blind, and deaf were all fixed up as good as new. 5
- "And thus did the thirty and eighth year pass away, and also the thirty and ninth, and forty and first,
and the forty and second, yea, even until forty and nine years had passed away, and also the fifty and first, and the
fifty and second; yea, and even until fifty and nine years had passed." 6
- "The people of Nephi ... became an exceedingly fair and delightsome people."
(God especially likes white people.) 10
- "There was no contention among all the people, in all the land; but there were
mighty miracles." 13
- "And it came to pass that the seventy and first year passed away, and also the seventy and second year,
yea, and in fine, till the seventy and ninth year had passed away; yea, even an hundred years had passed away."
(The 71 - 100th years passed.) 14
- "There was no contention in the land, because of the love of God which did
dwell in the hearts of the people."
(Everyone loved everyone else.) 15
- Everyone was perfectly happy. No lies were told, no murders committed, not a single envious thought or discouraging word
could be found among all the people. 16-17
- All was well until a few of the people revolted against the church and began to call themselves Lamanites. So there
were Lamanites in the land again. 20
- The bad guys threw the good guys into furnaces and dens of wild beasts, but the fire didn't burn them and they just played with the