Doom in the Quran
Doom, Painful Doom, Awful Doom,
Shameful Doom, Dreadful Doom,
Heavy Doom, Harsh Doom, Lasting Doom,
Evil Doom, Grievous Doom, Allah's Doom,
Dolorous Doom, Everlasting Doom,
Terrific Doom, Fearful Doom,
Doom of Fire, Doom of Degradation,
Doom of the Disdained, Doom of Hell,
Doom of Ignominy, Doom of the Hereafter,
Doom of Allah, Doom of Burning,
Doom of Flame, Doom of Immortality,
Gulf of Doom, Hour of Doom, Word of Doom,
Doom of Humiliation, Doom of a Tremendous Day,
Doom of a Disastrous Day, Allah Doometh,
The Doomed, Doom to Doom
- And to live (a thousand years) would be no means remove him from the doom.
- The doom will not be lightened for them, neither will they be reprieved.
- Oh, that those who do evil had but known, (on the day) when they behold
the doom, that power belongeth wholly to Allah, and that Allah is severe in punishment!
- (On the day) when those who were followed disown those who followed (them), and they behold
the doom, and all their aims collapse with them. 2:166
- Their doom will not be lightened, neither will they be reprieved.
- Think not, they are in safety from the doom. 3:188
- As for those who disbelieve, lo! if all that is in the earth were theirs, and as much again therewith,
to ransom them from the doom on the Day of Resurrection, it would not be accepted from them.
- Allah will be wroth with them and in the doom they will abide. 5:80
- Ye were no whit better than us, so taste the doom for what ye used to earn.
- Taste of the doom because ye disbelieve. 8:35
- While we await for you that Allah will afflict you with a doom from Him or at our hands.
- They will feel remorse within them, when they see the doom.
- And if We delay for them the doom until a reckoned time, they will surely say: What withholdeth it?
- Lo! there cometh unto them a doom which cannot be repelled.
- lo! I fear for you the doom of a besetting Day. 11:84
- Ye will soon know on whom there cometh a doom that will abase him, and who it is that lieth.
- And warn mankind of a day when the doom will come upon them. 14:44
- And the doom came on them whence they knew not. 16:26
- Are they who plan ill-deeds then secure that Allah will not cause the earth to swallow them, or
that the doom will not come on them whence they know not? 16:45
- And when those who did wrong behold the doom, it will not be made light for them, nor will
they be reprieved. 16:85
- They hope for His mercy and they fear His doom. Lo! the doom of thy Lord is to be shunned.
- They should be confronted with the doom. 18:55
- He would hasten on the doom for them; but theirs is an appointed term from which they will
find no escape.18:58
- Lo! it hath been revealed unto us that the doom will be for him who denieth and turneth away.
- There are many unto whom the doom is justly due. 22:18
- And they will bid thee hasten on the doom. 22:47
- Is that (doom) better or the Garden of Immortality? 25:15
- Ye can neither avert (the doom) nor obtain help. 25:19
- They will know, when they behold the doom, who is more astray as to the road.
- Lo! the doom thereof is anguish. 25:65
- The doom will be doubled for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein disdained for
- Would they (now) hasten on Our doom? 26:204
- They will see the doom. 28:63
- They bid thee hasten on the doom, when lo! hell verily will encompass the disbelievers.
- On the day when the doom will overwhelm them from above them and from underneath their
feet, and He will say: Taste what ye used to do! 29:55
- But as for those who disbelieved and denied Our revelations, and denied the meeting
of the Hereafter, such will be brought to doom. 30:16
- And they are filled with remorse when they behold the doom; and We place carcans on
the necks of those who disbelieved.34:33
- Those who strive against Our revelations, challenging, they will be brought to
the doom. 34:38
- Lo! we are about to taste (the doom). 37:31
- Then lo! this day they (both) are sharers in the doom. 37:33
- And had it not been for the favour of my Lord, I too had been of those haled forth (to
- But they denied him, so they surely will be haled forth (to the doom).
- Would they hasten on Our doom? 37:176
- Nay but they have not yet tasted My doom. 38:8
- Not one of them but did deny the messengers, therefor My doom was justified.
- Those before them denied, and so the doom came on them whence they knew not.
- Who it is unto whom cometh a doom that will abase him. 39:40
- Surrender unto Him, before there come unto you the doom, when ye cannot be helped.
- Before the doom cometh on you suddenly when ye know not. 39:55
- Or should say, when it seeth the doom: Oh, that I had but a second chance that I might be
among the righteous! 39:58
- Warn them (O Muhammad) of the Day of the approaching (doom), when the hearts will be choking the
- Then, when they saw Our doom, they said: We believe in Allah only and reject (all) that we used
to associate (with Him). 40:84
- But their faith could not avail them when they saw Our doom. 40:85
- And thou (Muhammad) wilt see the evil-doers when they see the doom.
- Ye will be sharers in the doom. 43:39
- Then woe unto those who do wrong from the doom of a painful day.
- Then taste the doom for that ye disbelieved.
- Lo! the doom of thy Lord will surely come to pass. 52:7
- The outer side thereof is toward the doom. 57:13
- The doom about to fall upon the disbelievers, which none can repel.
- And those who are fearful of their Lord's doom. 70:27
- Lo! the doom of their Lord is that before which none can feel secure.
- Again nearer unto thee and nearer (is the doom). 75:35
- Depart unto that (doom) which ye used to deny. 77:29
- Lo! We warn you of a doom at hand. 78:40
- A painful doom is theirs because they lie. 2:10
- For disbelievers is a painful doom. 2:104
- Theirs will be a painful doom. 2:174
- He who transgresseth after this will have a painful doom. 2:178
- Promise them a painful doom. 3:21
- Theirs will be a painful doom. 3:77
- Theirs will be a painful doom and they will have no helpers. 3:91
- Theirs will be a painful doom. 3:177
- A painful doom is theirs. 3:188
- For such We have prepared a painful doom. 4:18
- Bear unto the hypocrites the tidings that for them there is a painful doom.
- We have prepared for those of them who disbelieve a painful doom.
- Them will He punish with a painful doom. 4:173
- Theirs will be a painful doom. 5:36
- If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve.
- Whoso transgresseth after this, for him there is a painful doom. 5:94
- For them is drink of boiling water and a painful doom, because they disbelieved.
- And when they said: O Allah! If this be indeed the truth from Thee, then rain down stones on us or
bring on us some painful doom! 8:32
- Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom to those who disbelieve.
- Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom. 9:34
- If ye go not forth He will afflict you with a painful doom. 9:39
- Those who vex the messenger of Allah, for them there is a painful doom.
- Allah will afflict them with a painful doom in the world and the Hereafter, and they have no
protecting friend nor helper in the earth. 9:74
- Theirs will be a painful doom. 9:79
- A painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve. 9:90
- We shall chastise them twice; then they will be relegated to a painful doom.
- Theirs will be a boiling drink and painful doom because they disbelieved.
- Harden their hearts so that they believe not till they see the painful doom.
- Till they see the painful doom. 10:97
- (There will be other) nations unto whom We shall give enjoyment a long while and then a painful
doom from Us will overtake them.11:48
- What shall be his reward, who wisheth evil to thy folk, save prison or a painful doom?
- Lo! for wrong-doers is a painful doom. 14:22
- And theirs will be a painful doom. 16:63
- Lo! those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, Allah guideth them not and
theirs will be a painful doom.16:104
- A brief enjoyment (will be theirs); and theirs a painful doom.
- And that those who believe not in the Hereafter, for them We have prepared a painful doom.
- We shall cause to taste a painful doom. 22:25
- We have prepared a painful doom for evil-doers. 25:37
- They will not believe in it till they behold the painful doom. 26:201
- For such there is a painful doom. 29:23
- So give him tidings of a painful doom. 31:7
- And He hath prepared a painful doom for the unfaithful. 33:8
- Those who strive against Our revelations, challenging (Us), theirs will be a painful doom of
- Lo! (now) verily ye taste the painful doom. 37:38
- Lo! for wrong-doers is a painful doom. 42:21
- For such there is a painful doom. 42:42
- Give him tidings of a painful doom. 45:8
- And those who disbelieve the revelations of their Lord, for them there is a painful doom of wrath.
- He will forgive you some of your sins and guard you from a painful doom.
- He will punish you with a painful doom. 48:16
- Whoso turneth back, him will He punish with a painful doom. 48:17
- And We left behind therein a portent for those who fear a painful doom.
- For disbelievers is a painful doom. 58:4
- Shall I show you a commerce that will save you from a painful doom?
- Theirs will be a painful doom. 64:5
- Who will protect the disbelievers from a painful doom? 67:28
- Warn thy people ere the painful doom come unto them. 71:1
- And food which choketh (the partaker), and a painful doom. 73:13
- For evil-doers hath prepared a painful doom. 76:31
- So give them tidings of a painful doom. 84:24
- Theirs will be an awful doom. 2:7
- Theirs in the world is ignominy and theirs in the Hereafter is an awful doom.
- For such there is an awful doom. 3:105
- Theirs will be an awful doom. 3:176
- Allah is wroth against him and He hath cursed him and prepared for him an awful doom.
- Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom.
- Theirs in the world will be ignominy, and in the Hereafter an awful doom;
- Why preach ye to a folk whom Allah is about to destroy or punish with an awful doom
- An awful doom had come upon you on account of what ye took.
- Woe unto the disbelievers from an awful doom. 14:2
- Forasmuch as ye debarred (men) from the way of Allah, and yours should be an awful doom.
- Theirs will be an awful doom. 16:106
- His will be an awful doom. 24:11
- Hereafter an awful doom had overtaken you for that whereof ye murmured.
- Theirs will be an awful doom 24:23
- Those who disbelieve, theirs will be an awful doom. 35:7
- Theirs will be an awful doom. 35:10
- Lo! those who wander from the way of Allah have an awful doom. 38:26
- Is he then, who will strike his face against the awful doom upon the Day of Resurrection?
- They verily will seek to ransom themselves therewith on the Day of Resurrection from the awful
- Cause Pharaoh's folk to enter the most awful doom. 40:46
- We shall cause those who disbelieve to taste an awful doom 41:27
- Wrath is upon them and theirs will be an awful doom. 42:16
- And as for disbelievers, theirs will be an awful doom. 42:26
- Theirs will be an awful doom. 45:10
- For disbelievers is a shameful doom. 2:90
- And theirs will be a shameful doom. 3:178
- He will make him enter Fire, where he will dwell for ever; his will be a shameful doom.
- For disbelievers We prepare a shameful doom. 4:37
- And for disbelievers We prepare a shameful doom. 4:151
- Those who disbelieved and denied Our revelations, for them will be a shameful doom.
- For such there is a shameful doom. 31:6
- For such there is a shameful doom. 45:9
- For disbelievers is a shameful doom. 58:5
- Turn (men) from the way of Allah; so theirs will be a shameful doom. 58:16
- We make them taste a dreadful doom because they used to disbelieve.
- So Allah warded off from him the evils which they plotted, while a dreadful doom encompassed
Pharaoh's folk. 40:45
- Do ye twain hurl him to the dreadful doom. 50:26
- Allah hath prepared for them a dreadful doom. 58:15
- Lo! those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, theirs will be a heavy doom.
- We give them comfort for a little, and then We drive them to a heavy doom.
- We saved them from a harsh doom. 11:58
- Which he sippeth but can hardly swallow, and death cometh unto him from every side while yet he
cannot die, and before him is a harsh doom. 14:17
- Theirs will be a lasting doom. 5:37
- And ye shall know to whom a punishment that will confound him cometh, and upon whom a lasting doom
will fall. 11:39
- We award unto those who turn away from Our revelations an evil doom because of their aversion.
- And what is the reward of those who do so save ignominy in the life of the world, and on the Day of
Resurrection they will be consigned to the most grievous doom. 2:85
- We were unto you a following, can ye then avert from us aught of Allah's doom?
- Bring Allah's doom upon us if thou art a truthteller! 29:29
- My doom is the dolorous doom. 15:50
- On whom there falleth everlasting doom. 39:40
- He is naught else than a warner unto you in face of a terrific doom.
- On him I shall impose a fearful doom. 74:17
Doom of Fire
- Then I shall compel him to the doom of Fire - a hapless journey's end!
- Give unto us in the world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and guard us
from the doom of Fire."2:201
- Preserve us from the doom of Fire. 3:191
- Taste the doom of the Fire which ye used to deny. 34:42
Doom of Degradation
- This day ye are awarded doom of degradation for that ye spake concerning Allah.
Doom of the Disdained
- Allah hath cursed them in the world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for
them the doom of the disdained. 33:57
Doom of Hell
- Avert from us the doom of hell. 25:65
- And He hath saved them from the doom of hell. 44:56
- For those who disbelieve in their Lord there is the doom of hell, a hapless journey's
- Lo! they who persecute believing men and believing women and repent not, theirs verily will be
the doom of hell. 85:10
Doom of Ignominy
- Ye are rewarded with the doom of ignominy. 46:20
Doom of the Hereafter
- Lo! herein verily there is a portent for those who fear the doom of the Hereafter.
- For them is torment in the life of the world, and verily the doom of the Hereafter is more painful,
and they have no defender from Allah.13:34
- Verily the doom of the Hereafter will be sterner and more lasting.
- Allah made them taste humiliation in the life of the world, and verily the doom of the Hereafter
will be greater if they did but know. 39:26
- And verily the doom of the Hereafter will be more shameful, and they will not be helped.
Doom of Allah
- But the doom of Allah will be strong (upon them). 22:2
- They bid thee hasten on the doom (of Allah). 29:53
Doom of Burning
- For him in this world is ignominy, and on the Day of Resurrection We make him taste the doom of
- Whenever, in their anguish, they would go forth from thence they are driven back therein and (
it is said unto them): Taste the doom of burning.22:22
- Theirs the doom of burning. 85:10
Doom of Flame
- What! Even though the devil were inviting them unto the doom of flame?
- For them We have prepared the doom of flame. 67:5
Doom of Immortality
- Taste the doom of immortality because of what ye used to do. 32:14
Gulf of Doom
- Then they will cry unto them, but they will not hear their prayer, and We shall set a gulf
of doom between them. 18:52
Hour of Doom
- The matter of the Hour (of Doom) is but as a twinkling of the eye, or it is nearer still.
- The Hour (of doom), they will know who is worse in position and who is weaker as an army.
- Those who fear their Lord in secret and who dread the Hour (of doom).
- Lo! the earthquake of the Hour (of Doom) is a tremendous thing. 22:1
- Nay, but the Hour (of doom) is their appointed tryst. 54:46
Word of Doom
- The Word (of doom) hath effect for it, and we annihilate it with complete annihilation.
- But the word of doom of disbelievers is fulfilled. 39:71
- Is he on whom the word of doom is fulfilled (to be helped), and canst thou
(O Muhammad) rescue him who is in the Fire ?39:19
Doom of Humiliation
- The doom of humiliation overtook them because of what they used to earn.
Doom of a Tremendous Day
- I fear the doom of a tremendous Day. 39:13
- Lo! I fear for you the doom of a tremendous Day. 46:21
Doom of a Disastrous Day
- There come unto them the doom of a disastrous day. 22:55
- He whom Allah doometh unto sin.... 5:41
- (When) Allah doometh there is none that can postpone His doom, and He is swift at reckoning.
- Allah doomed them for their sin. 91:14
- And we shall not be doomed. 26:138
- Therefor invoke not with Allah another god, lest thou be one of the doomed.
Doom to Doom
- For those who disbelieve and debar (men) from the way of Allah, We add doom to doom.
- The Fire in the Quran
- Dwindling in Unbelief
Disbelievers a painful doom