Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
- "If ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword." 1:20
- I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies." 1:24
- "The destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be
together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed." 1:28
- "Ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen." (God hates gardeners.) 1:29
- "The idols he shall utterly abolish." 2:18
- "I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over
them. And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by
his neighbour." 3:4-5
- "Jerusalem is ruined, and Judah is fallen: because their tongue and
their doings are against the LORD." 3:8
- "They declare their sin as
Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul!"
The biblical god just doesn't seem to care
much for homosexuals. And he gets especially upset when "they hide it not."
- God will kill those who despise his word and fail to follow his laws. Their
carcasses will be "torn
in the midst of the streets." 5:24-25
- If you associate or gird yourself, God will break you in pieces. 8:9
- God will have no mercy on the widows and children of hypocrites. 9:17
- Some day God will have his "mighty ones ... destroy the whole land." 13:3-5
- On God's day he will kill sinners with great anger, wrath, and cruelty. Those who die will have their faces consumed by flames.
- If God can find you, he will "thrust you through," smash your children "to pieces" before your eyes, and rape your wife.
He will have no mercy, but will even kill your little children. 13:15-18
- God will slaughter children "for the iniquity of their fathers." 14:21
- After God destroys Moab, the rivers will be red with blood. He will send lions to
eat any survivors. 15:9
- The God of Peace will set brother against brother and kingdom against kingdom. Then he'll make the survivors seed the
counsel of "wizards," and subject them to a "cruel lord." 19:2-4
- The Apocalypse of Isaiah: God will destroy the earth, burning everyone and every living thing
alive (except maybe a few men). 24:1-6
- God will have no mercy on those who don't understand him. 27:11
- "Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not
of me." 30:1
- "And the people shall ... be burned in the fire." 33:12
- God is furious at everyone and is ready to kill them all. Or as Isaiah so delicately puts it: "Their stink shall come up
out of their carcasses, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood." 34:2-3
- God makes Egypt, Ethiopia, and Seba pay for Israel's sins. He says that
he likes Israel better than any other country so he's willing to sacrifice other countries for the
Israel's sake. 43:3-4
- No astrologer, stargazer, or prognosticator will be able to save those that God plans to burn to death.
- "The Lord ... will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans." 48:14
- "I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with
their own blood, as with sweet wine." 49:26
- Nations that do not serve Israel will perish. 60:12
- "God's servants" will have it good; everyone else will suffer big time. 63:13-16
- "I will ... trample them in my fury; and their blood ... will stain all my raiment." (God's clothes
will get stained with the blood of humans.) 63:2-6
- "Ye are they that forsake the LORD ... Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter."
- Don't eat "swine flesh" (like ham or bacon) or other "abominable things"
or God will have to kill you. 65:4, 66:17
- "God's servants" will eat, drink, and be merry; everyone else will be hungry, thirsty,
and ashamed -- until God kills them, that is. 65:13-16
- God will "plead with all flesh" with fire and sword, "and the slain of the Lord shall be many."
- "They shall ... look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall t
heir fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh." 66:24