In the Quran
In the Bible
SABoM DB Forum
Get the SAB (and the SABoM) on CD
Sex in the Book of Mormon
- God tells Lehi to send his sons back to Jerusalem to get some women. 7:1-2
- After the spirit showed Nephi the exceedingly white tree and virgin,
it blathered on a bit about "the condescension of God" and whatnot. Then it told Nephi that the white virgin "is the mother of the Son
of God, after the manner of the flesh." (Does this mean that God the Father had sex with Mary "after the manner of the flesh?")
- "The Lord will discover their secret parts." 13:17
- "The Lord [will] shave with a razor ... the head and hair of the feet." "Hair" and "feet" are biblical
euphemisms for pubic hair and male sexual organs, respectively. 17:20
- Isaiah has sex with a prophetess who conceives and bears a son.
- The queen "desired him [Amalickiah] that he should come in unto her." 47:23
- "Many of the daughters of the Lamanites have they
taken prisoners; and after depriving them of that which was most dear and precious above all things,
which is chastity and virtue."
Chastity (for women) is "most dear and precious above all things." It is lost
if they are raped.
This is the first scripture that young women are
taught by the LDS church at the
Young Woman's Personal Progress Program.