The Book of Mormon
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9
Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
-Book of Mormon (Mormon's Record)
Absurdity in Mormon
- And it came to pass
- Dwindling in unbelief
- "I, being fifteen years of age and being somewhat of a sober mind,
therefore I was visited of the Lord, and tasted and knew of the goodness of Jesus." 1:15
- "And now, behold, I would speak somewhat unto the remnant of this people who are spared, if it so be that God
may give unto them my words, that they may know of the things of their fathers; yea, I speak unto you, ye remnant of the
house of Israel; and these are the words which I speak:" 7:1
- Mormon wrote a letter to the Lamanite king asking him to fight a war with the Nephites at hill Cumorah (near Manchester, New York).
- Mormon decides to write down a record on the plates of Nephi and bury them on hill Cumorah.
- The Lamanites killed 230,000 Nephite soldiers in one day near hill Cumorah. 6:10-15
- "If ye believe that ye will believe this also."
[If you believe the Bible, you will believe anything (including the Book of Mormon).] 7:9
- "It [the Book of Mormon] shall be brought out of the earth ... by the power of God." 8:16
- "If there be faults [in the Book of Mormon] they be the faults of a man [Joseph Smith]." 8:17
- True believers (Mormons) can move mountains, cause earthquakes, destroy prisons, be unharmed by fires, wild beasts, or
poisonous snakes. 8:24
- God showed Mormon some of the "great and marvelous things" that were soon to come. 8:34
- Jesus doesn't do miracles any more because everyone has dwindled in unbelief. 9:20
- If you believe in Christ, whatever you ask for will be given to you. 9:21
- "These signs shall follow them that believe -- in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak
with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not hurt them; they shall
lay hands on the sick and they shall recover." 9:24
- The book of Mormon was written in
"reformed Egyptian". If the plates had of been larger, Moroni would have used Hebrew and there wouldn't have been so many
mistakes. (Reformed Egyptian is a really tricky language.) 9:32-33
- Because nobody knows "reformed Egyptian" anymore, God arranged for Joseph Smith to translate them.