-In the Quran
-In the Bible
Get the SAB on CD
Injustice in the Book of Mormon
- "The Jews did mock him because ... he truly testified of their wickedness and their abominations ... they were angy with
him ... as with the prophets of old, whom they had cast out and stoned."
After Lehi saw the pillar of fire, God, Jesus, the apostles, and angels, and read from the book that God gave him,
he went into town to tell the people about it. They all thought he was crazy, since they were a bunch of wicked, abominable Jews.
- The Spirit of the Lord "constrained" Nephi to murder Laban as he lay passed out on the ground. 4:10
- But the Spirit had to tell Nephi again. 4:11
- And a third time, reminding Nephi that God kills people too (so it must be OK) and besides, it's better that one person die
than a whole nation dwindle in unbelief. 4:12-13
- So Nephi (finally) obeys the Spirit by grabbing Laban by the hair and chopping off his head with his own sword.
- Lehi thinks his dream assures the salvation of Nephi, Sam, and "their seed" and the damnation of Laman and Lemuel.
(Because the former ate the magic fruit and the latter didn't.) 8:3-4
- The Native Americans are the decedents of those "who dwindled in
unbelief." As a punishment for their disbelief, their skin was darkened and they
became "a filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations."
- Nephi sees the "great and abominable church" and its founder, the devil.
- The wrath of God is on the Native Americans (Nephi's brethren). 13:11
- God's wrath is on the Native Americans who were slaughtered by the Europeans. 13:14
- God inspired the Europeans (who "were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful" just like Nephi's descendants before the evil,
dark-skinned Laminites killed them all ) to slaughter the Native Americans. 13:15
- "The Gentiles ... did humble themselves before the Lord; and the power of the Lord was with them." 13:16
- God helped the American colonists win the Revolutionary War. 13:18
- God helped the Americans win all their other wars too. (Except maybe the Vietnam war.) 13:19
- Good news for "gentiles" in "the promised land." ("Gentiles" are non-Mormons and "the promised land" is
the United States in Mormon-speak). All you have to do is become a Mormon and then you will be blessed by God
(otherwise you're going to hell). 14:1-2
- The angel tells Nephi that the "great and
abominable church" (the Catholics) ruined the Bibe by deleting the "plan and most precious parts."
- The Catholic church was founded by the devil to lead souls to hell. 14:3
- f you're a gentile, you've only got two choices: become a Mormon or fall into the Catholic pit that leads to hell.
- The angel tells Nephi that the lamb of God (Jesus) says that the time will come (2423 years later) when a 17 year old treasure
digger from New York (Joseph Smith) will find some golden plates and translate them by staring into his hat at some magic rocks and
thereby produce the "great and marvelous work" that we now know as the Book of Mormon. This book is, according to the angel, the best
and most important book by far that you, me, or anyone else will ever read. And we'll be tortured forever after we die unless
we believe it. 14:7
- The "great and abominable church, ... the mother of abominations,
whose founder is the devil." 14:9
- There are only two churches: the church of the Lamb of God, and the church of the
devil.You either belong to the good chuch or the bad church (the mother of abominations,
the whore of all the earth). 14:10
- "The whore of all the earth sat upon many waters." 14:11
- The church of the Lamb of God had few members "because of the wickedness and
abominations of the whore who sat upon many waters." 14:12
- The "great mother of abominations" recruits people from all over the earth
to fight against the Lamb of God. 14:13
- "The wrath of God was poured out on the great and abominable church."
- "The wrath of God is upon the mother of harlots." 14:16
- "The wrath of God is poured out upon the mother of harlots, which
is the great and abominable church ... whose founder is the devil."
- There's an "awful gulf" that separates the wicked from the saints.
- There's an "awful hell" prepared for the wicked. 15:29
- There's an "awful hell" prepared by the devil. 15:35
- God destroys entire nations of "wicked" people and curses the land for their sakes.
- Among many other things, Nephi told his brothers that God
straitens murmurers by sending fiery flying serpents to bite and kill them. (See Numbers 21:6)
- Then Zenos explains how all kinds of bad stuff would happen to the
Jews because they "crucify the God of Israel." They'd be hated by all nations, wander in the flesh, etc. 19:13-14
- God will force people to eat their own flesh and drink their own blood. 21:26
- The members of "the great and abominable church" (the whore of all the earth) will kill each other and
get drunk on their own blood. 22:13
- All those that fight again Zion (Mormonism), like "that great whore, that great and abominable church"
will be destroyed. 22:14
- They who fight again Zion (Mormonism) will be cut off. 22:19
- You must do whatever the prophet (Jesus or Joseph Smith) says. Those who don't will be cut off.
- Soon all the churches of the devil (non-Mormon churches) will be destroyed.
- All humans are lost because of the transgression of their parents. 2:21
- God cursed the Lamanites (the ancestors of the Native Americans) causing their skin
to turn dark and making them "loathsome" to His people. 5:21-22
- God forbids intermarriage between the Nephites and Lamanites. Those who do will be cursed by
God with "the same cursing". 5:23
- God's curse on the Lamanites (Native Americans) also caused them to "become an idle people, full
of mischief." 5:24
- Those who don't fight against Zion (the Mormon Church) and who don't join "the great and abominable
church (the Catholic Church) will be saved. 6:12
- Those who do not believe in the Messiah (Jesus) will be destroyed by fires, storms, earthquakes, war,
disease, and starvation. 6:15
- God will force people to eat their own flesh and drink their own blood. 6:18
- Filthy people will be tormented forever in a lake of fire. 9:16,
- Hell is a lake of fire and brimstone where the damned are tormented forever. 9:19
- Those who don't believe or who are not baptized will be damned to hell. 9:24
- Many children will die because of their unbelief. 10:2
- Jews are wicked. Only the Jews would crucify their God. 10:3
- To punish them for their iniquities, God sent famines, disease, wars, and destruction on the Jews.
- God gave the entire Western Hemisphere to the Mormon Church, but he blesses non-Mormon, non-Catholic, white Christians ("Gentiles" in Mormon-speak) too. 10:10
- God will protect and strengthen America (since it's his favorite country). 10:12
- Those who fight against Zion (Mormonism) will die, for they are the whore of all the earth. Those who are not
for God are against God. 10:16
- America was consecrated by God to the seed of Nephi (Mormons). God likes America better than any other
country. All Americans will someday worship God. (And become Mormons?) 10:19
- God will "smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion" and "will discover their secret parts"
since he doesn't like the way they dress and walk. 13:16-17
- God will make sweet smelling things stink, make people bald, and cause men to die in wars.
- God will prevent people from hearing and understanding "lest they ... convert and be healed."
- If you associate or gird yourself, God will break you in pieces. 18:9
- God will not have mercy on orphans or widows. 19:17
- God will make every man kill his brother and then force him to eat "the flesh of his own arm."
- God will "smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall slay the
wicked." God must have some pretty bad breath! 21:4
- On God's special day he will kill sinners with great anger, wrath, and cruelty. 23:6-9
- If God can find you, he will "thrust you through," smash your children "to pieces" before your eyes,
and rape your wife. 23:15-18
- Children will be slaughtered for the iniquities of their fathers. 24:21
- The Jews created abominations and works of darkness. 25:2
- Wo unto them that fight against God and the people of his church (the Mormons).
- God will destroy (in varous ways) those who "dwindle in unbelief." 26:15
- God won't give good stuff to those who "dwindle in unbelief." 26:17
- God will get the Gentiles to kill all those who "dwindle in unbelief." 26:19
- There are many bad churches out there. (The non-LDS ones.) 26:21
- The devil is the founder of all those "secret combinations." 26:22
- People should work for Zion (the Mormon church) not for money. 26:31
- "Wo be unto him that rejecteth the word of God!
(By "word of God" Joseph Smith means the
Book of Mormon.) 27:14
- Death, hell, the devil, and the "endless torment" of "the lake of fire and brimstone."
- "Unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them
that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have." 28:30
- Before many generations pass, Native Americans will convert to Mormonism, their skins will turn white, and they
will become a "delightsome" people. 30:6
- The Jews will also be converted and become a "delightsome" people. 30:7
- Those who reject the Book of Mormon are of the devil. 33:5
- Those who believe in Christ will also believe in the Book of Mormon. 33:10
- God curses "the land" to punish humans, and he has cursed the Lamanites (Native Americans) "with a sore
- The Lamanites (Native Americans) are filthy and have dark skins because they were cursed by God. (But
at least they weren't polygamists, as were the Nephites.) 3:5
- If you don't repent, God will make your skin even darker than that of the Lamanites (Native Americans).
- God made the Lamanites (Native Americans) filthy and dark skinned "because of their fathers."
- God casts some people into a "lake of fire and brimstone" where they suffer "the pains of hell."
- God commanded Abraham to kill his son Isaac. (And that was a good thing?) 4:5
- God will curse some people and burn the world with fire. 6:3
- Those who "bring forth evil fruit" will be "cast into the fire." 6:7
- God will cast some people into a lake of fire and brimstone where he will torment them forever.
- Sherem, the first freethought martyr in the Book of Mormon [see the story of Korihor for another
(Alma 30)], tells Jacob he is misleading the people in by telling them
(ca. 500 BCE) that Christ will be coming "many hundred years hence." 7:1-7
- Jacob asks Sherem if he denies that Christ will come. Sherem answers that although he doesn't believe it now,
he could be convinced if Jacob could show him a sign. Jacob responds by saying, "Thou art the devil ... but if
God shall smite thee, let that be a sign unto thee." 7:9-14
- "He gave up the ghost."
God gives Sherem a little sign: he kills him. 7:15-20
- "This thing was pleasing to me."
Jacob is pleased that God killed Sherem. 7:22
- The Lamanites (Native Americans) became wild, ferocious, bloodthirsty, and filthy. 1:20
- The Lamanites (Native Americans) "loved murder and would drink the blood of beasts." 1:6
- Those who die in their sins are tormented forever in hell. 2:33
- Those in hell "endure a never-ending torment." 2:39
- The damned are in a state of misery and endless torment. 3:25-27
- God answers the Nephites prayers, and helps them kill 3043 Lamanites in one day and a night.
- The Lord says that this (which?) generation will be slain and their bodies will be eaten by vultures, dogs,
and wild beasts. 12:2
- God will smite his people with sore afflictions, famine, pestilence, and will cause them to howl all
the day long. 12:4
- "I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquities of the fathers upon the children, unto the third
and fourth generations 13:13
- The Lamanites were sinful and polluted. 25:11
- God hardened their hearts because of their unbelief. 26:3
- Those who don't know Christ will be thrown into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
- "What he had taught to the people was contrary to the word of God; and there he suffered an
Nehor was killed for teaching the heresy of universalism. 1:4,
- Those who refuse to kill a murderer must have his blood fall upon them.
- Those who didn't belong to the right church were lazy, wicked, babbling, idolatrous, proud people who
were all a bunch of thieves and murderers. 1:32
- God helped the Nephites slaughter 12,532 Amlicites. 2:18-19
- The Lord did hear their cries [he had his hearing aid on], ... and the Lamanites and Amlicites did fall
before them. 2:28
- The Lamanites were naked, and their skins were dark because of a curse from God.
- God darkened the skin of the Lamanites (Native Americans) to keep them separate from the Nephites.
- Whoever "mingles his seed" with the Lamanites will be cursed by God and will "bring the same curse
upon his seed." (Their children will have dark skins.) 3:9
- Whoever is led away by the Lamanites will have "a mark set upon him." (God will darken his skin?)
- God darkened the skin of the Lamanites (Native Americans) to forever separate them from the Nephites.
- Whoever "mingles his seed" with the Lamanites will be cursed by God. (They and their children will have dark skins.)
- If you are not a sheep of the good shepherd, the devil is your shepherd.
- God will destroy those who don't repent. 8:16, 9:12
- If the Nephites don't repent, God will send the Lamanites to destroy them.
- God favored the Nephites over all other people on earth. 9:20
- Some people will be tortured forever in the fires of hell. 12:17
- The Lamanites were a wild, ferocious, and lazy people who delighted in murdereing, robbing, and
plundering. God cursed them because of what their fathers did. 17:14-15
- God's curse of the Lamanites was lifted from the "Anti-Nephi-Lehies." So did their skin became
"white and delightsome" again? 23:18
- The Lamanites (Native Americans) "began to hunt the seed of Amulon ... and began to slay them."
"Behold, they are hunted at this day by the Lamanites." 25:8-9
- The Lamanites (Native Americans) "delight in the shedding of blood" and spend their days in
"the grossest iniquity." 26:24
- Korihor (who spoke the plain and simple truth) was the Anti-Christ.
- Korihor is arrested for expressing his disbelief. 30:29
- Since Alma can't refute Korihor's arguments, he says he'll have God smite him so that he can no longer
speak. It's better, he says, that Korihor's soul be lost than that he convince others that there is no God.
- Korihor "was struck dumb ... according to the words of Alma." 30:50
- "The curse was not taken off of Korihor; but he was cast out, and went about from house to house
begging for his food." 30:56
- The chief judge warned everyone not to believe Korihor or they will also be struck dumb and be forced to
beg for their food. 30:57
- Korihor was trampled upon by the Nephites until he was dead.
- If you ask God to kill your enemies, he will do it for you. 33:10
- Denying the Holy Ghost (refusing to become Mormon or escaping from Mormonism?) is the greatest
abomination and is unpardonable. 39:5-6
- Evil people are those who "have no part or portion of the Spirit of the Lord." They will be
"cast out into outer darkness; there shall be weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth."
- The Amalekites were even "more wicked and murderous" than the Lamanites.
- God is with Moroni and the Nephites. The Lord has delivered the Lamanites into their hands "because of [their]
religion and [their] faith in Christ." 44:3
- "Now ye see that this is the true faith of God." (You can tell by all the nonbelievers they kill.)
- In the war with the Lamanites, God is on the Nephites side. He just likes their religion better.
- Moroni gets angry and orders his people to kill the Lamanites, which was exceedingly easy since they were all naked
as jaybirds. 44:17-18
- God curses the land and "every nation, kindred, tongue, and people." 45:16
- God helped the Nephites defeat the Lamanites. 46:7
- If the Nephites forsake God, then God will tear them to pieces. 46:21
- The Nephites make a deal with God. If they fail to follow God properly, then God can kill them all.
- Those who will not support the cause of freedom are put to death. (The Bush Doctrine?)
- The dissenters become even more "wild, wicked, and ferocious than the Lamanites [Native Americans],
giving way to indolence and all manner of lasciviousness." 47:36
- Those who were faithful "were delivered at all times," while "thousands of their wicked brethren" were
enslaved, killed, forced to dwindled in unbelief, or to "mingle with the Lamanites [Native Americans]."
- Moroni writes a petition empowering him "to compel those dissenters to defend their country or
to put them to death." 51:15
- Four thousand dissenters were "hewn down by the sword." 51:19
- The rest of the dissenters were forced to live in freedom (just like the Iraqis!).
- There is an "awful hell that awaits" those who fail to repent. 54:7
- Moroni threatens to kill all the Lamanites, taking "blood for blood" and "life for life."
- Moroni gets angry and threatens to kill the Lamanites. 55:3
- The Nephites kill two thousand Lamanites after they had surrenedered as prisoners of war.
- God allows the righteous to be killed so that he can judge the wicked. 60:13
- Moroni executed "those king-men" who refused to fight for their country. 62:9
- "Whosoever was found denying their freedom was speedily executed." 62:10
- Moroni "inflicted death upon all those who were not true to the cause of freedom." 62:11
- Teancum sneaks into the Lamanite's camp and throws a javelin into the king's heart. 62:36
- Moroni and the Nephites slay the Lamanites "with a great slaughter." 62:38
- Pacumeni was executed for causing rebellion and trying "to destroy the liberty of the people."
- The Nepites "mixed with the Lamanites" and became "wicked, wild, and ferocious, yea, even becoming Lamanites."
- Those who rebelled against the Nephites (Mormons) were killed or "driven out of the land." 4:2
- The Nephites became "a wicked people ... wicked even like unto the Lamanites [Native Americans]."
- The Nephites "began to disbelieve ... and the judgments of God did stare them in the face." (God doesn't
like disbelievers.) 4:23
- God withdrew his miraculous protection from the Nephites because "they had fallen into a state of
- The only way anyone can be saved is "through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ." This statement was
supposedly made in 30 BCE! 5:9
- God gives Nephi the power to "smite the earth with famine, and with pestilence, and destruction."
- And if he asks God to "smite this people, it shall come to pass." 10:10
- Nephi asks God to send a famine on the land. "And so it was done, according to the words of
Nephi. ... And the whole earth was smitten," causing thousands of people to starve to death.
- After a couple years of starving thousands of people to death, God finally makes it rain when
asked to by Nephi. 11:14-16
- God must kill and terrorize people with starvation and disease or they won't remember him.
- God torments people in hell forever for "their iniquities." 12:20
- God will consign evil doers "to a state of endless misery" and "everlasting damnation." 12:26
- God prophesies that he will kill the Nephites with war, starvation, and disease within the next 400 years or so.
(And I guess if you believe the Book of Mormon, he did with a little help from the Lamanites).
- If there weren't some "righteous" people in the city, God would have burned everyone to death by sending
down fire from heaven. 13:13
- "Whosoever repenteth not is hewn down and cast into the fire." 14:18
- Those who believe will be saved; those who don't will be damned. 14:29
- God loved the Nephites, but hated the Lamanites "because of the iniquity of the tradition of their
- If the Nephites don't repent, God will kill them all for their unbelief. 15:17
- God removed his curse from the "good" Lamanites (the ones that "united with the Nephites"), and they "became
exceedingly fair, with skins "white like unto the Nephites." 2:14-16
- When Jesus died, the inhabitants of many great cities died with him. Entire cities were
sunk into the ocean, or were burned, or destroyed by earthquakes. 8:8-10, 14
- The voice (who finally identifies himself as Jesus Christ) brags about burning to death, drowning, and burying
alive all of the inhabitants of 16 large cities. 9:3-15
- Jesus says that whoever does not believe in him and is not baptized will be damned to hell.
- "But wo, saith the Father, unto the unbelieving of the Gentiles." 16:8
- "Ye shall be ... as a lion among the flocks of sheep, who ... teareth in
- "Thy hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off."
- "Thou shalt beat in pieces many people." 20:19
- God will kill those who don't repent with "the sword of justice." 20:20
- Some folks "dwindle in unbelief" because of their iniquity. 21:5
- "Whosoever will not believe ... shall be cut off." 21:11
- "And my people ... shall be ... as a lion among the flocks of sheep, who ...
teareth in pieces." 21:12
- "Their hand shall be lifted up upon their adversaries, and all their enemies shall
be cut off." 21:13
- God will "cut off" the witches and soothsayers. 21:16
- God will destroy entire cities. 21:18
- God "will execute vengeance and fury upon" those who do not believe in Jesus.
- Those who won't believe the little things won't get a chance to hear the really big ones. And those
who don't believe the big things will go to hell. 26:10
- "Wide is the gate, and broad the way which leads to death, and many there be that travel therein."
Most people are going to hell. 27:33
- Those who won't listen to Jesus will wish they were never born. 28:34-35
- "Wo unto" whoever denies Christ or his latter day revelations. God will show such persons no mercy.
- "The people of Nephi ... became an exceedingly fair and delightsome people."
(God especially likes white people.) 10
- "I saw thousands of them hewn down in open rebellion against their God, and heaped
up as dung upon the face of the land." 2:15
- The Lamanites (or Native Americans) were once "a delightsome people", but God made them a dark-skinned, "filthy and loathsome
people, led about by Satan" because of their unbelief and idolatry. 5:15-18
- Repent ... lest a remnant of the seed of Jacob shall go forth among you as a lion, and tear you in pieces.
- "He that condemneth [the Book of Mormon], let him be aware lest he shall be in danger of hell fire."
- "The same that judgeth [the Book of Mormon] rashly shall be judged rashly again. He that smiteth [the Book of
Mormon] shall be smitten again, of the Lord." 8:19
- "He that shall breathe out wrath and strifes against the work of the Lord [the Book of Mormon] ... the same is in
danger to be hewn down and cast into the fire." 8:21
- Moroni asks those who don't believe in Christ what they will say when the end of the world comes and they are about to be
thrown in with the damned souls in hell -- that there is no God? 9:1-2, 4
- "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned 9:23
- "He that will contend against the word of the Lord, let him be accursed; and he that shall deny these
things, let him be accursed."
(Those who disbelieve in the Book of Mormon will go to hell.) 4:8
- "He that believeth not shall be damned." 4:18
- To punish the people for "their wicked combinations," God sent wars, famines, and pestilences. The resulting
destruction was the greatest ever seen on the face of the earth -- greater than the flood of Noah, the
destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, or World War II. Yet there is no evidence
for any of this today. 11:7
- "Whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and
deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil."
- "He that supposeth that little children need baptism ... must go down to hell."
- "He that saith that little children need baptism ... [is] in danger of death, hell, and an
endless torment." 8:20-21
- Rethinking Mormonism
- Book of Mormon Violence
- Mormon Terrorist doctrine?