Book of Mormon: Family Values
- Nephi, his brothers, and Zoram (Laban's servant) all got married to Ishmael's nameless daughters. It was a group wedding
with Lehi serving as the Reverend Moon, saying stuff like, "Do you [Nephi, Laman, Lemuel, Sam, Zoram] take what's her name here
to be your lawfully wedded wife?" 16:7
- All humans are lost because of the transgression of their parents. 2:21
- God forbids intermarriage between the Nephites and Lamanites. Those who do will be cursed by
God with "the same cursing". 5:23
- "Many of our children shall perish in the flesh because of unbelief." 10:2
- "And in that day, seven women shall take hold of one
man, saying: let us be called by thy name to take away our reproach." 14:1
- God will not have mercy on orphans or widows. 19:17
- God will make every man kill his brother and then force him to eat "the flesh of his own arm."
- If God can find you, he will "thrust you through," smash your children "to pieces" before your eyes,
and rape your wife. 23:15-18
- "The Spirit constraineth me."
Alma refuses to ask God to prevent the burning to death of women and children. It is "the will of the