2 Corinthians: Absurdity
- Saved people smell good to God. 2:15
- "We look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen."
Believers see things that can't be seen (i.e., that are either imaginay or non-existent). 4:18
- "Walk by faith, not by sight." (Don't look where you're going.) 5:7
- If Paul is crazy, it's God's fault; If he's sane, it's yours. 5:13
- Jesus, who was without sin, was made into sin. This made the real sinners sinless. 5:21
- "Give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver."
The televangelist's favorite verse! 9:7
- Bear with me a little in my folly. 11:1
- "As the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty"
Paul believed the silly talking snake story in Genesis 3. 11:3
- Paul set an example for televangelists by robbing some churches. 11:8
- There were these guys that Paul once knew, but he just can't remember whether
it was in or out of the body. It was sort of an out of body experience. Anyway, one of these guys was way
up in the third heaven and the other guy was in paradise. He heard stuff, too, but it's illegal to talk about it. 12:2-4
- "I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me." 12:11
- "Being crafty, I [Paul] caught you with guile." 12:16
- Are you a reprobate? Here's the test: if you know for sure that Jesus is in you, you're not a
reprobate. Otherwise you are. 13:5
- "The God of love and peace" is about as far from the Biblical God as it is possible to get. 13:11
- Greet one another with an holy kiss. 13:12