Cruelty and Violence
1 Peter: Good Stuff
- "Love one another." 1:22
- "For all flesh is as grass."
Life is ephemeral. Enjoy it while you can. 1:24
- Avoid evil, malice, hypocrisy, and envy. Don't speak badly about others. 2:1
- Be compassionate and courteous. Don't seek revenge when you are harmed by another. Speak kindly of others.
Do good and avoid evil. 3:8-11
- Christians should be ready to explain why they believe what they do. This is a good verse to
remember when they refuse to debate you. 3:15
- "Above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity
shall cover the multitude of sins." 4:8
- Be hospitable to one another without grudging. 4:9
- "Let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an
evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters." 4:15