A topical outline
Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
Drunk With Blood:
God's Killings in the Bible
Get the SAB on CD
1 Kings: Science
- When Solomon was annointed king the people sang and shouted so loudly that it caused an earthquake! 1:39-40
- This verse implies that the value of π is 3. (The actual value is
approximately 3.14159.) 7:23
- God creates droughts by causing "heaven to shut up" as a punishment for sin.
- "And his hand, which he put forth against him, dried up ... And the man of God besought the LORD, and the king's
hand was restored him again."
Ever the playful spirit, God withers, and then restores, the hand of king Jeroboam. 13:4-6
- After killing the "man of God" for God, the lion hung around with the ass and the carcass on the side of the road for a few days.
- God passes by and causes a great wind, earthquake, fire, and a little voice. (God was in the little voice.) 19:11-12