Cruelty and Violence
Science and History
First Printing Sold Out!
More on the way.
Pre-order a copy here.
1 Corinthians: Sex
- Paul, judging from rumors alone, complains
that there are fornicators among his followers in Corinth; he is even worried
that some have had sex with their fathers' wives. He says that those who have
done these things should be "delivered to Satan for the destruction of the flesh" so that their
soul can be saved. 5:1-5
- Paul asks if he should "take the members of Christ, and make them members of an harlot?" He further asks,
"Know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body?" 6:15-16
- Husbands and wives should have sex whenever and however their spouse wants. 7:3
- Paul wishes that men and woman abstain from sex, but tells them to "come together" to avoid being tempted
by Satan. 7:5
- Paul, like Jesus and the other New Testament writers, expects the end to come soon. "The time is short." So there's
no time for sex or marriage, since the world will be ending soon. 7:29